Dimentions of submissions?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Stripe

Stripe

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:10 PM

I'm looking for the information regarding dimensions of artwork for submissions. I know It's here somewhere because I stumbled upon it the other day but didn't write it down. I want to send the actual size in pixels to avoid any unwanted scaling on the design preview. Surely this info should be easily available, not through a forum but via one of the main menu options (How it works maybe?).

#2 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

Once your design is complete and you are ready to post to the contest, you must save your work as a jpeg or .png format, 640 pixels wide x 480 pixels high, RGB format. If the size and format requirements are not met, your entry may become distorted or blurry or may not post at all. Remember to keep your original vector files as well, but do not upload them to the site.

You can find that info here Designer Guidelines - Powered by DesignContest.com

#3 Stripe

Stripe

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

Cool thanks!

#4 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:16 PM

Any time ;)

#5 Pdesign

Pdesign

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

Thanks! I have been looking for that, I too knew I had seen it but couldn't find it!

#6 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:12 AM

What about dimensions for the website design contests? Can't be 640x480...

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:27 AM

the design you enter for websites are mockup so they do not have to be an actual website size. The web mockup needs to be large enough to see it though. web designers know what a good size is maybe something around 1280x960 or something like that....maybe one of our web designers can chime in on what is the best size for a website entry

Like us on facebook

#8 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:35 AM

Sharie,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am aware of the sizes of the web pages, layouts, etc. The question is whether DC has a specific requirements for the contest submissions (mockups) in the web design section. I don't want my submissions to be distorted and we don't have an option to withdraw the design if such a thing happens. I don't know whether your website does automatic resizing of the images.

#9 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:49 PM

This is the information from our programmer

"Any size designer can upload without server error :) Entries are resized to 200x150 (thumbnails) and 640x480 (pop-up previews), but full-size pictures remains unchanged. I cannot sound maximal dimensions, because they are depend on file format and even file content. Of course, pictures about 5000 pixels are unacceptable, but 2500 pixels or nearby are welcome."

Like us on facebook

#10 Renovatio2011

Renovatio2011

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:13 AM

hello, fellas! I'm interested in this topic I, being a dummy, can hardly understand about the size to upload files. Actually affording to complete a file that's almost finished, but for submissioning this is a 640x480 size required. The thing happening is that if I resize to this measurement my file becomes blurry. Well described is that my file that's made in a horizontal mode becomes as if it were made vertically, of course its content is distorted. Please!

#11 Branna

Branna

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

I'm uploading in 1024x768 resolution and designs are clearly seen. I think that's enough.

#12 Frankie-Soo

Frankie-Soo

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

i have noticed that if my designs has got thin fine texts, the submission with the resolution of 640 pixels wide x 480 pixels does not enough to show the fine text clearly, it like a bit off focus.

#13 Dskwkrs

Dskwkrs

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

Always design in the size your going to output.. If working in larger format and reducing afterwards you need to change your preference setting in the program your using. In Illustrator {Preferences / General uncheck scale strokes and effects.} and you should be fine. Remember if strokes and effects are unchecked if your stroke was 10 pt and you resize the graphic to 4 pt then you will not have any fill color because the outline is set to center. To fix this you need to set to outside in the strokes panel.

#14 Frankie-Soo

Frankie-Soo

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:39 AM

noted with thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users