Why Wednesdays?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Brendox

Brendox

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

Great job you did with DC, looks awsome.. also great job with allowing backgrounds and no limit entries... I'm very curious why you are sending prizes only Wednesday? ..because sometimes when a designer wins a contest he has to wait so long to receive his money while the ch already added the logo on his website.. I mean if I win a contest on Thursday, normaly the CH has 7 days to ask revisions (but sometimes he never come back to close the contest), that means untill next Thursday... then, if asked, you'll close the contest after 7 days.. but I have to wait another 6 days untill Wednesday to receive the prize on the finance board.. then another 1 or 2 days after I sended the prize to paypal.. and finaly another 2 or 3 days to receive the money on the credit card. So there are almost 3 weeks of waiting to receive the prize on the credit card, it happened to me twice.. but sometimes this thing goes faster, no more then 1 week.. and I think you should aim higher then 400$ with the prizes. I like DC very much so good luck and keep it up! :)

#2 nlroop

nlroop

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

I would love to get an answer to this as well... I hate having to wait so long for prize money. I get all excited about a winning design and then takes forever to get the ball rolling.

#3 NKDesigns

NKDesigns

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

Ya wouldnt a monday or friday be more relevant

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

Wednesday is the day we chose. Many companies in the USA have Wednesday paydays. What does it matter when payments are sent out ponce a week? A week is a week no matter what day we choose as payout days. We send payments out once a week while other contest sites send payment every other week or even once a month. I think our once a week payment schedule works just fine. this Wednesday payout day has been in place for close to 3 yrs now, I really do not understand what the issue is.

Like us on facebook

#5 ideasstudio

ideasstudio

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:08 AM

i had the payout very fast in my last contest (OHANA BEACH BABY), just one or two days only, i thought the Wednesday payday has changed?

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

DO you question payday or why a certain day is payday where you work other than contest sites?

Like us on facebook

#7 Brendox

Brendox

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

[quote name=' I really do not understand what the issue is.[/QUOTE']

Sometimes we wait almost 3 weeks untill we get the money on our credit cards while the contest holders already have the logo on their websites imediately (2-3 days) after they choose a winner. There are some websites that are sending the money every day.. but no more than 4-5 days after the winner was selected, but those websites are very big... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users