Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Are you happy with your designer's profile?

design development designcontest profile

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

Designers, log out and take a look at your designer's profile, or take a look at some other designer's profile, for example www.designcontest.com/designer/dexmind - this is how other DesignContest visitors and your potential clients see your profile. (it is important to know that besides contests we allow our clients to hire particular designers directly through one-on-one projects)

So this public profile is designed to showoff your contest and personal portfolio and promote you as a designer to our clients. Nothing is perfect, and you, being a designer yourself may have ideas on how this page could be improved. So, let's share these ideas, talk them over and implement the best of them.

I would love to start, but you can already see our ideas in the current designer profile, so it is your turn - how would you improve this page?

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

I would like to see a section where you can feature a special design and be able to write about it, have the ability to change this

Like us on facebook

#3 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hi,

In this thread: http://www.designcon...-portfolio.html Designers suggested couple of really good i ideas that i think would be really helpful.

For my Suggestion:
I'd like to see some kind of a wall for every designer where clients who worked with the designer can wrote like a testimonial or a recommendation. i know that option is available at the end of contests & it appears on the contest page.. but would be cool to have our client's opinion in our profile to show off.

Really like Sharie's suggestion as well.

Keep up the great work ;)

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

• Guests

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

Interesting.

Also, I'd like to point out that we accept suggestions not only in form of text comments, but also actual page mockups with the features you'd like to see.

#5 Dskwkrs

Dskwkrs

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

I use a generic icon for mine because my real one has my logo on it and reading up in the ROC your not allowed to promote yourself in anyway. I dont mind using a generic icon and totally agree with you.

Thanks

#6 sanonyp

sanonyp

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

Everything looks good but could be better if you could twist little as like an angel said.

#7 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Dear DC,

How about ready-made logos for certain amount money ($50-$100 without further intervention), which can be found in designer's "Personal Portfolio" section? Whether only for designers in top 100 or for all members.

#8 SpyMouse

SpyMouse

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

It would be great if we could hide designs in the portfolio so that we don't have to delete them or wait till 30 days after a contest has closed. Sometimes we need to submit many entries to a contest and the portfolio may have a lot of similar looking designs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: design, development designcontest, profile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users