#1 Lau

Lau

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

Hello!
I'm very happy the CH liked my design,
Aviabilety.rf (Airtickets.rf)
they want changes to the entry, try different fonts, etc. So I don't have yet the final files to submit the winning design before the 24hs! What do I do? Do I have to submit anyway original vector files of the entry with the gold medal even if is not the final design?
Thanks! :)
Lau

• Guests

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

you only need to submit the final design after the modifications.

#3 Lau

Lau

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

ok, then is fine if the final design is not ready in 24hs? Just double checkin...

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hi there

as long as the contestholder and you are in contact through the comment area then you are fine. This rule/guideline is for the designer that doesn't leave any messages in the comment area to the ch, in other words leaves the ch hi/dry with no contact or source files. If the ch contacts us then that is when we get involved as to what is going on

It is ALWAYS a good idea after winning a contest to post a comment in the comment area asking the ch if any changes are needed. This also leaves us a record of what is going on in the finalization part of the contest

hope this helps a little

Like us on facebook

#5 Lau

Lau

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

yes, thank you very much!

#6 Lau

Lau

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

I'm trying to re-upload the winning entry, to upload more designs for the CH to check out and when I click the submit button a message saying: "Moved Permanently. The document has moved here." and then an error page not found appears! Please help!! Lau

#7 Niff

Niff

Banned

• Banned
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hi there, I 've got the same problem too. Did you try to upload the zipped file with a file name in a Title case? Or a Capital letter,
for example : "Logo.zip"

You might try changing it to "logo.zip" , I hope you get my point? I hope this helps. :)

#8 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Niff, yes good point, upper case or capital letters as file name in zip will mess things up so always name the zip file in lowercase letters. One way to name that helps me keeps track is abcrev1 that is (name of contest revised 1 )

Lau, what contest are you having an issue with the uploads?

Like us on facebook

#9 Lau

Lau

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Thank you for your replies, yes it had a capital letter so I will try again naming the file all in lower cases.
Sharie, the contest is Aviabilety.rf (Airtickets.rf), I hope the CH received something....

#10 Niff

Niff

Banned

• Banned
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Maybe the next time you'll have any trouble, try contacting DC directly through the Live Chat. That's what I do everytime. :)

#11 Lau

Lau

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Thank you niff, I will try the live chat because I'm still having the same problem. Lau

#12 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

Looks like all is ok now : ) Live chat is a great place to visit and get some help!

Like us on facebook

#13 Niff

Niff

Banned

• Banned
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:43 AM

Hi there sharie,

Can you help me with this, I won this contest 7 days ago Logo design for a non-profit and yet there's still no confirmation from the CH. I wonder what's wrong.

I sent already a ticket though.

#14 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:36 AM

Hi there yes and we have taken care of the ticket. Sometimes a client finalizes right away and others take slightly longer than 7 days. When a client has to rely on others the finalization tends to take a little longer then add the holiday today. I would normally close it if the ch had no replies or requests but since the last one was just 3 days I need to leave it open.

Thank you

Like us on facebook

#15 Niff

Niff

Banned

• Banned
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

So does it mean that, we should wait until we wont hear anything from the CH for 7days? I just thought that from the time the contest has closed/the winner has been chosen, that is when the 7 day period count starts? Could you clarify this for me?

#16 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

If we do not hear back in the next day or so we will go ahead and close the contest, we just need to give the client time to go over this with his team members

Like us on facebook

#17 Niff

Niff

Banned

• Banned
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

Hi sharie, It's already been 5days since I last hear from the CH. I wonder if he received your e-mail?

Edited by Niff, 07 July 2012 - 12:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users