Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Designers that havent got much Rep may find it harder to compete since the changes

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Sharpe

Sharpe

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

I am lucky to have quite a high rep before the changes came in, therefore i can upload 7-15 designs as it is. However if you are a new designer and not really sure about vectors etc, it would probably quite difficult to get your rep up as you can only upload 3 designs each competition.

On the other hand, it will make it easier for higher rated designers with more entry allowance!

Sharpe

#2 ardianet

ardianet

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hi, Sharpe.
I agree with you.
In my experience at DC, Sometimes CH doesn't give rating point to some of the designs. Even, if the CH like the design.
Hope DC have solution for this kind of thing too. :)

Regards,
Ardia

#3 Olive

Olive

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

The solution is that you only get points for the highest rated (one!) entry per contest. Doesn't matter if you uploaded 15 or 3 designs, only one with the highest rating will be taken into account for your rating points. Plus, it's really easy to reach level 2 or 3. That's at least what I understood :) read the new rules carefully :)

There is of course no way to force CH to rate entries but I think they get enough encouragement. The best option for designers is to enter as much contests as they can and keep improving their designs :)

Edited by Olive, 10 July 2012 - 12:16 PM.

• Guests

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

The solution is that you only get points for the highest rated (one!) entry per contest. Doesn't matter if you uploaded 15 or 3 designs, only one with the highest rating will be taken into account for your rating points. That's at least what I understood :) read the new rules carefully :)

That's exactly how it works!

#5 Sharpe

Sharpe

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

good point. But I am saying if you have never used Design Contest before, you only have 3 chances to get some feedback, and if you use your three design allowance early, it would take forever to get requirements for 7 designs :) but yes getting marked for highest similar design makes sense, then it stops people spamming the same design with similar feedback and getting higher rep!

• Guests

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

good point. But I am saying if you have never used Design Contest before, you only have 3 chances to get some feedback, and if you use your three design allowance early, it would take forever to get requirements for 7 designs :) but yes getting marked for highest similar design makes sense, then it stops people spamming the same design with similar feedback and getting higher rep!

I have to disagree - it is actually quite easy to advance on the first few levels.

#7 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

Lol, you should be here in the past, when we could upload 3 designs ONLY! If CH deleted those 3 entries, *BANG*, bye bye contest. Seriously, you dont know how lucky you are now :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users