Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

What are the tip in winning the Gold Medal in the Design Contest?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 watz

watz

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

Hi Everyone!!..

This is watz no gold medal yet,,,.. Can I ask something, in design contest what are the tip in winning the Gold Medal in the Design Contest?

#2 Olive

Olive

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

I would say - stay true to yourself and never give up. Of course you should pay close attention to the brief, but there are no rules. Example: I participated in a contest some weeks ago, CH specifically said he doesn't want a certain element in a logo. He eliminated entries that had that element. Then, after the contest was closed, he pulled back one of eliminated designs and declared it a winner! He just changed his mind! It doesn't mean your design is bad just because it didn't win. Every CH has his own criteria and sometimes they don't even know what they want. Even when you don't win, you always learn something new in each contest and that experience is what matters. Another thing, with so many contests going on, you can always choose one that's close to your personal interests. I almost never enter corporate contests. I'm playful in nature so I choose contests where I can express playfulness and not ones that need to have strictly serious look. I'm also 25 years old female, so it makes sense that I won in contests that required more feminine look - jewelery and aesthetics centre. Not saying that man couldn't win in those contests :) , a prfessional can make whatever needed but I'm taking adventage of DC because here I can skip "whatever needed" and do just what I like. :) I feel weird giving advice to others since I have so much to learn myself, but I can just say keep trying, experimenting and learning. Hope this was of at least little help. :)

Edited by Olive, 28 July 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#3 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Also don't forget to read CH's comments very carefully, and directions they're heading to.
look for the right font for the business you're designing for.. right color scheme (if not specified) research alot & never stop learning about new techniques and trends.
Also, as Olive mentioned, you can decide the right contests for your interests and skills between many contests here. so, find what suits you to start. and expand your options when you feel more confident with your work.

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#4 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

Just like "Olive & like an angel" have said above. The main thing is to pay attention to what the CH is asking for. Also I know it's tempting to do what someone is doing. But make sure you try to design something different then what everyone else is doing. If you do that and make sure you read the comments from the ch and follow the brief then you should be on your way to the top of DC.

#5 watz

watz

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

Thanks a lot to all of you..I'm now guided in making my design, all your replies helps me a lot..God bless everyone..

#6 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

NICE words everyone!

Keep up the amazing work .. and GO FOR THE GOLD! :) .. meanwhile, have fun and enjoy what you do!

Kind regards and succes!,
--
jjy

#7 Hadeelsa

Hadeelsa

Banned

• Banned
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

For me you have to read the brief thoroughly and make notes then research more and look fwith tor competitiors or the same filed designs then create your own,start with the right font then the best icon you think of or setting.
Good luck and hope soon you get your first medal :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users