About designs

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Nalisha

Nalisha

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

Hello i wanted to ask you ,i use three programmes Poser its a 3d modeling programme with a library of many props many of them i create them my own ,the second is Bryce 3d programme too and Photoshop.When i import objects in Photoshop from the other two programmes they are editable as it conserns the size and color is that ok to use?
Second question ,in Photoshop i have shapes some of them are free download but many of them i have created of my own and some texts too i rasterize them but still they are editable to size can i do that?Can i put shapes that are mine in the logos or banners or anything the CH want?:confused:

#2 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

All designs that are made for logo contest have to be done in a vector based program such as "Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator". You can make vector designs in photoshop but it takes a long time and some skill to master vectoring in photoshop. I would make sure you read over the rules on what you can and can't do. Follow the link below to get more answers to your questions.

Knowledgebase - I'm Designing For A Contest

Thanks,
Squewheet

#3 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

You should use only 2D VECTOR formats. RASTER IS FORBIDDEN FOR LOGO CONTESTS! The industry standards: Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw, there are many other 2D vector programs. You have to provide CH with source files and he/she should be able to use these source files in the future, by himself or by other designers, developers, etc. So, all elements of your work should be 2D vector based and fully editable with most popular designing/viewer programs, and those are listed above. Even designers who use AI or CD avoid using filters and effects in order to be compatible with different versions of 2D vector editors. Keep in mind: PDF – is a compound format, EPS as well. Be careful with it while exporting to them from other programs, because they are containing both pixel and vector data, and even more – some interactive features (PDF f.i.).

Usually, you have to provide CH with following source file formats: AI or CDR, PDF, EPS. All text must be converted to curves. For previews only – JPG/PNG/GIF. For web – JPG/PNG/GIF and maybe PSD for convenience.

YOU CAN'T USE predefined objects from libraries (except basic shapes, like squares, lines, circles, stars, etc), YOU CAN'T USE DINGBATS, TRACED IMAGES YOU DON'T OWN, CLIPART and any unlicensed stuff including fonts.

Please re-read Rules.

#4 Nalisha

Nalisha

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

Thank you for your answer very helpfull!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users