Do contest holders set gold silver and bronze winners or is it automatic

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 zacly

zacly

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

I was tied for first (points wise) for Bob the Beaver logo contest. Sadly I lost, but I still didn't even get a silver medal... what's the deal?

#2 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

No Zacly, unfortunately they are not obligated to award silver or bronze.
:(

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

That is a blind contest, once it is completely finalized you will see your medal. for silver or bronze...... Silver and bronze medals are auto picked based on the ratings in a contest. This is why some contests have several silver or several bronze, ties are awarded medals also. So any contest with rating will have medals awarded, if blind you will not see them until the contest is completely finalized

Like us on facebook

#4 zacly

zacly

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

That is a blind contest, once it is completely finalized you will see your medal. for silver or bronze...... Silver and bronze medals are auto picked based on the ratings in a contest. This is why some contests have several silver or several bronze, ties are awarded medals also. So any contest with rating will have medals awarded, if blind you will not see them until the contest is completely finalized

by completely finalized do you mean after they have paid their winning designer? They have selected a winner already.

#5 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:09 AM

Sharie, "auto picked" is that something new?
'Cause the are many rating contests without those two being awarded. I'm confused now, maybe I misunderstood you.

Edited by Babba, 01 September 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

no what I mean by auto pick...the contestholder doesn't actually choose per se' the site is set up so that the silver and bronze go to the next highest rated and the next highest rated. The site has always done this for the silver and bronze. So you have your gold, then you have for example entry #1 rated by the ch at 95, entry # 26 rated by ch at 93 those will automatically be awarded silver and bronze when the there is a winner in contest.

SO if ch has rated 3 designs 96 and 2 designs 93 you end up with 3 silver and 2 bronze winners in that contest. The ch rates but the site is programmed to award the silver and bronze, that is what I meant by auto pick

Like us on facebook

#7 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:23 AM

Hahahaha I'm laughing to myself... I still don't getting it:D Forgive me, please:)))
Can you try to explain me other way, maybe I'll get it then:) - why some contests do not have silver or bronze, or has only gold or gold & silver?

#8 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

Some contests do not have silver or bronze because the contest holder didn't rate any more of the designs or the contest is hidden and you do not and will not see the medals on those.

So look at it this way if the entries are rated in a contest there will always be silver and bronze, if no ratings then no medals other than gold. YES we strongly encourage and talk the contestholders about rating and feedback : )

Like us on facebook

#9 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

:)
Let set this example:
Infiniti Beverage Group (IBG)
All other designs are rated, still there is only gold medal - is it because rating points are not over 90, 96, 98 or there is another reason?

Also, we have a thread here on forum about this, and I thought I understood everything, and as well haven't noticed someone mentioned that.
http://www.designcon...p-3-awards.html

I'm tired now, hardly can read... Sharie, if you catch a time, please advise.
Good night or good day to all!
:)

Edited by Babba, 01 September 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#10 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

Well........ it likes like you spotted a bug! I have sent this to our programmers so they can research and find out why no silver and bronze. All rated contests should show silver and bronze medals if the contest is not marked hidden.

Thank you and we will get this taken care of as soon as they search through the programming strings to find the bug or hiccup!

Like us on facebook

#11 zacly

zacly

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:43 AM

sooo will i be getting a silver medal?

#12 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:17 AM

Oh wow - I didn't realize this either. I always thought the CH awarded the medals. So, to make it clear using the 'Bob the Beaver' contest as an example...

Since the contest was BLIND (but not hidden), there is (1) gold winner picked by CH, and if CH didn't award silver and bronze, DC auto picks those based on rated entries. So, there should be (4) silvers awarded and (2) bronzes awarded once the contest has been totally finalized (meaning the CH has approved and finalized all source files provided from the winning designer).

So basically any BLIND contest that has ratings and has been awarded a gold by the CH, should ALSO have silver(s) and bronze(s) awarded to next highest rated designs. Either chosen by CH or if the CH doesn't choose, then they are auto-picked by DC.

Is this correct? Is this something new?

#13 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:23 AM

Also, regarding hidden contests just to make sure I understand...

If gold, silver(s) and bronze(s) are awarded, the award will show up at the top of winning designers profile page, but the ACTUAL design will not show up on the designers's profile page - is this correct?

#14 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

Also, regarding hidden contests just to make sure I understand...

If gold, silver(s) and bronze(s) are awarded, the award will show up at the top of each designer's profile pages, but the ACTUAL design will not show up on the designers's profile page - is this correct?

#15 zacly

zacly

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:34 AM

good questions... i am eagerly waiting response to those as well

#16 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

DC doesn't pick the silver and bronze...the ratings the contestholder give the designs is what chooses silver and bronze. Th contestholder doesn't have to "actually" mark the ones for silver and bronze.... the rating points is what determines the silver and bronze.

You will not see these in contests marked hidden.... they are added to your total but you will not see these entries gold,silver,bronze for contests that are marked hidden

With blind contests you will see the medals once the contest has completely finalized meaning payment sent to winning designer.

Like us on facebook

#17 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

Thanks Sharie. Ok that makes sense. What about this contest:
Pinwheel Studio

Should there not be bronze(s) awarded since it was a blind (but not hidden) contest? The next highest ratings were tied at 90 points by 4 designs #165, #90, #83 and #78. Why would those entries not receive bronzes?

#18 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

Sharie,
I think there is another bug. Here is the recent contest with gold only:
http://www.designcon...nna-healthcare/

#19 EcoDesigns

EcoDesigns

• Designer
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

Good catch! I thought the same thing when I saw this....why was there no sliver and bronze. I am new here, so I thought may be the CH didnt award any. But after reading this thread it seems like a glitch.

Sharie,
I think there is another bug. Here is the recent contest with gold only:
http://www.designcon...nna-healthcare/

#20 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

I am wondering about following one as well... I don't see bronze medal.
Doctors Office Needs Exciting New Logo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users