Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Attention All Members: SliverFX needs your votes!

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

Poll: Did this member contribute to your DC experience in a positive way? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Did this member contribute to your DC experience in a positive way?

1. yes (6 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. no (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:47 PM

Please read the question in the poll area above. Then just answer it truthfully. Remember, this poll isn’t about portfolios or design skills. Please read this thread for a more detailed explanation of the voting system.

The member you’re voting for is – SliverFX

View SliverFX profile Design Contest Forums - View Profile: SliverFX

Thanks for participating!

Edited by Coy, 20 November 2009 - 06:59 PM.

Like us on facebook

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:20 PM

I read all posts and vote accordingly. I encourage everyone to do so.
Design Contest Forums - View Profile: SliverFX
Click on statistics, then view posts and have a good read to see if he’s contributed to DC in a positive way.

#3 scorpionagency

scorpionagency

• Designer
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

There's still time, so I'm not going to vote yet, however, I would like to see this member participate in 1 or 2 community contest events. I will say that I feel this members posts are well thought out & helpful (Which is Excellent) & for the most part are NOT just padded count posts.

I'll return to vote at a later date.

#4 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

There's still time, so I'm not going to vote yet, however, I would like to see this member participate in 1 or 2 community contest events. I will say that I feel this members posts are well thought out & helpful (Which is Excellent) & for the most part are NOT just padded count posts.

I'll return to vote at a later date.

just an FYI it is not necessary or mandated that anyone has to participate in community contests.
Sure it's nice to see more people partake in the community contests but it's not a requirement.

#5 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

Just in case no one actually clicks on the link provided in Sharies post about what the voting is for.

Introduction:

This post is a brief overview of how the "Attention All Members: _____ needs your votes!" threads work. You may have already seen them in this section and there may actually be several of these up right now. What follows is a breakdown of the system being implemented with these threads.

Basic Idea:

Motivated by our recent "nice work" discussion, we’ve decided that it would be fair for Design Team applicants to be voted upon in terms of their (hopefully meaningful) interaction with others on the forum. Therefore, once a designer has applied to the Design Team via the usual application form and has proven to meet or exceed our standards for Design Team members with his/her portfolio, that designer will be subject to the voting system described below.

More Details:

The voting begins when a thread titled, "Attention All Members: _____ needs your votes!", is posted in the Announcements section; naturally, the blank will be replaced with the username of some DC forum member. Within this newly created thread, users will find a poll-question along the lines of, “Has this forum member contributed positively to your DC experience?” If you believe that the answer is yes, then vote “Yes”; otherwise, you should vote “No” given, of course, that you’ve seen at least a few of the member's posts and strongly believe that there has been no such positive contribution.

In order to pass this voting process, the total number of "yes" votes must exceed the total number of "no" votes by at least two (2) votes . Further to that, if the number of "yes" votes does not exceed the number of "no" votes by at least three (3) votes, then the pass/fail outcome of the poll remains at the full discretion of the administrator running the poll. The administrator may inspect the applicant's profile and/or consider any other relevant information to determine the outcome of the poll.

Please Vote:

The results of these polls will strongly affect the final decision about the Design Team application in question. Therefore, we stress the following:

a. Voting is vital – If you’re not already on the Design Team, then chances are that you too may be voted upon at some point. Please extend the courtesy of voting to others, remembering that you would surely have them do the same for you!

b. We encourage all applicants to keep this voting system in mind at all times; not just before and during, but also after the application process – If your skills are enough to get you through the Design Team door, then we would certainly appreciate it if you could share some of those skills with the rest of the forum members. Be it in the form of an occasional critique or a bit of inspirational work, your contributions to DC will help make it a better place.

Best of luck to all applicants, and thank you for voting!

Important:_______
Please note that, while this voting process is vital to becoming a Design Team member, it does not serve to undermine the required skills that are presented in a designer's portfolio. One should not expect to enter the Design Team based on forum participation alone.
note: the original thread was flooded with offtopic messages and it had to be closed, but if you are still interested you can find it here.

#6 scorpionagency

scorpionagency

• Designer
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

just an FYI it is not necessary or mandated that anyone has to participate in community contests.
Sure it's nice to see more people partake in the community contests but it's not a requirement.

Excellent point Coy. I guess I would just personally like to see some community contests participation to Gage how members follow project briefs. As an elite they will be following briefs in every contest. As it stands now, the member in question well deserves a Yes vote. I am just making a personal request of them before I cast said vote.

@ Everyone: Please don't let my above take sway your votes any. I encourage everyone to do their own research & make an informed decision.

#7 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:08 PM

;)

#8 HWorks

HWorks

• Designer
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:33 PM

I wish to clarify, if possible. Also, thank you sharie for starting the poll.

First of all, interesting point. I respect your point of view, I could have partecipated more into community contests discussions and such. I must admit I did not pay much attention to every single subforum, I often focus more into art discussions and general topics. I often spend my time making non-paid projects, just for fun work, whenever my time allows me. Of course partecipating now just because of this discussion would be a bit forced, so I'll let it up to you to choose whether you prefer to vote yes or no. I'll pay more attention to that section now on.

Thanks for your time and votes, regards.

:)

#9 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:23 PM

No worries Silver it's not a requirement. Just let your posts and presence speak for them selves. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users