Design Contest - since 2003 - custom graphic design done affordable

9 AM - 8 PM PST

Welcome to DesignContest - a friendly community made for designers of all levels. Join us as a designer and you can:
  •   learn about design tricks and techniques
  •   find answers to questions
  •   share your own knowledge
Or just come hang out! It's a nice place just to have a friendly chat with fellow designers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    City, State
    Toulouse

DesignContest opens for non guaranteed contests

DesignContest launches it's first non guaranteed contest Save on Soap . It is open to all the members of DesignContest community which means that any registered members can submit up to 3 entries to the contest.
    Any member can also post questions to the Contest Holder in the comments of the contest. However those comments should be strictly on topic - only questions that could help you provide a better graphical solution to the client, questions about the project and the company. Discussion of others' entries is not allowed. Only Contest Holder can submit feedback about the designs.

Again, it is very important that this contest is not guaranteed by DesignContest.net administration and the contest's prize is not deposited with us. So we cannot take any responsibility for it. It is the contest holder only who will be responsible paying the prize to the winning designer once the contest is over.

follow DesignContest on twitter

Nice. That should generate some traffic
    Maybe make a subcategory "gambling for riches" for such contests. This should avoid some upcoming mess with newcomers and a ton of questions a la "whyz i can't post to ..." :P

City, State
    Toulouse

Quote Originally Posted by jiaix View Post
    Nice. That should generate some traffic
    Maybe make a subcategory "gambling for riches" for such contests. This should avoid some upcoming mess with newcomers and a ton of questions a la "whyz i can't post to ..." :P
    yes, there is a lot of work to be done. we are working on the guidelines for newbies and also need how to distinguish non guaranteed from guaranteed. Right now non guaranteed have the red arrow instead of blue flame icon. But I guess we can work out a better system.

Coy
    City, State
    TEXAS

There are a lot of little things that need to be worked out. But we'll get there.

City, State
    Toulouse

yes so, guys, help us by pointing out the things that need attention!

City, State
    Alexandria

I have exceeded my 3 entry, and now the Contest Holder asking for a modification for one of my entries that he likes, I cannot Upload artwork anymore.

you wrote:
    2. you can submit up to 3 designs to the contest. (you may upload more designs if the Contest Holder notes your entry as "needs work")

Please Advice.
    Regards,
    -Amr
    Last edited by GoldenZ; 01-20-2010 at 09:04 AM.

Coy
    City, State
    TEXAS

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenZ View Post
    I have exceeded my 3 entry, and now the Contest Holder asking for a modification for one of my entries that he likes, I cannot Upload artwork anymore.

you wrote:
    2. you can submit up to 3 designs to the contest. (you may upload more designs if the Contest Holder notes your entry as "needs work")

Please Advice.
    Regards,
    -Amr
    There are some selections that the CH can choose to allow changes to a design. I'll see if one of the admin can contact him to have him use those to allow tweeks to current designs.

City, State
    Alexandria

Ok, Thanks
    -Amr

Quote Originally Posted by Coy View Post
    There are some selections that the CH can choose to allow changes to a design. I'll see if one of the admin can contact him to have him use those to allow tweeks to current designs.

Coy
    City, State
    TEXAS

no problem

City, State
    Toulouse

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenZ View Post

you wrote:

Please Advice.
    Regards,
    -Amr
    you got it right. so now it is up to the CH whether or not to grant you more entries.

City, State
    Alexandria

OK, so I believe i'll wait till the CH do that if he still want me to modify my design which i assume one of the admins told the CH that already per Coy's explanation on the preview post.

Also i would like to know the text appear above the Samples, some says Need work and others Says OK, So whats the different betwen the Yellow respond box and the text above the samples, this really confusing me.

Sorry for being annoying xD

Regards,
    Amr

City, State
    Dunedin, FL

Regarding the "Save on Soap" contest... the CH requested (via comment) a revision to one of my designs. I posted the revision, but also wanted to post a 3rd entry (non-revision), but the board will not let me post.

What am I missing?
    Brandy

Coy
    City, State
    TEXAS

again the CH needs to select the "needs work" catagory to allow for revisions.

To anyone else wanting to submit revisions I'd suggest requesting the CH make this selection before submitting any revisions.

City, State
    Dunedin, FL

Thanks Coy, but the CH did select "Needs Work", yet I am still unable to post a 3rd logo... maybe I'm doing it wrong...
    Brandy

City, State
    Southern California

I've had the same problem for the Terrorists for Peace contest. "Needs Work" is on my design, but I'm not able to post a revision either. Submit entry button is disabled for me.

City, State
    Toulouse

Quote Originally Posted by brandyarnold View Post
    Thanks Coy, but the CH did select "Needs Work", yet I am still unable to post a 3rd logo... maybe I'm doing it wrong...
    I guess the counter still counts the entry that I removed (because there were several designs in a single entry - as I explained via PM). So I don't think we can do something here.

City, State
    Toulouse

Quote Originally Posted by marzac2 View Post
    I've had the same problem for the Terrorists for Peace contest. "Needs Work" is on my design, but I'm not able to post a revision either. Submit entry button is disabled for me.
    this is really strange... We'll need to look into it.
    Do you think you could PM me your password (I just want to see the problem myself) - you will be able to change your password later from your userCP.

City, State
    Dunedin, FL

Quote Originally Posted by marzac2 View Post
    I'm having this problem in the Terrorists for Peace contest as well, and didn't have any entries removed from this one.
    Brandy

City, State
    Toulouse

I am terribly sorry, there was indeed a bug with "needs work" note - it was not giving an extra entry. Now it has been fixed and should work fine.
    Last edited by Coy; 01-21-2010 at 03:22 PM.

City, State
    Dunedin, FL

Hi Sergey,
    Well... it tells me now that I can post one last entry, but still doesn't allow it. When I click the button to post an entry, nothing happens....

I have an unrelated question regarding the non-guaranteed contests that are open to all members - should Elite Designers be using the logo canvas? (even though regular members do not)
    Brandy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information