Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

DesignContest opens for non guaranteed contests

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:06 PM

DesignContest launches it's first non guaranteed contest Save on Soap . It is open to all the members of DesignContest community which means that any registered members can submit up to 3 entries to the contest.
Any member can also post questions to the Contest Holder in the comments of the contest. However those comments should be strictly on topic - only questions that could help you provide a better graphical solution to the client, questions about the project and the company. Discussion of others' entries is not allowed. Only Contest Holder can submit feedback about the designs.

Again, it is very important that this contest is not guaranteed by DesignContest.net administration and the contest's prize is not deposited with us. So we cannot take any responsibility for it. It is the contest holder only who will be responsible paying the prize to the winning designer once the contest is over.

#2 jiaix

jiaix

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:02 AM

Nice. That should generate some traffic :D
Maybe make a subcategory "gambling for riches" for such contests. This should avoid some upcoming mess with newcomers and a ton of questions a la "whyz i can't post to ..." :p

• Guests

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:50 PM

Nice. That should generate some traffic :D
Maybe make a subcategory "gambling for riches" for such contests. This should avoid some upcoming mess with newcomers and a ton of questions a la "whyz i can't post to ..." :p

yes, there is a lot of work to be done. we are working on the guidelines for newbies and also need how to distinguish non guaranteed from guaranteed. Right now non guaranteed have the red arrow instead of blue flame icon. But I guess we can work out a better system.

#4 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:16 PM

There are a lot of little things that need to be worked out. But we'll get there. ;)

• Guests

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:34 PM

yes so, guys, help us by pointing out the things that need attention!

#6 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:56 PM

I have exceeded my 3 entry, and now the Contest Holder asking for a modification for one of my entries that he likes, I cannot Upload artwork anymore.

you wrote:
2. you can submit up to 3 designs to the contest. (you may upload more designs if the Contest Holder notes your entry as "needs work")

Please Advice.
Regards,
-Amr

Edited by GoldenZ, 20 January 2010 - 03:04 PM.

#7 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:46 PM

I have exceeded my 3 entry, and now the Contest Holder asking for a modification for one of my entries that he likes, I cannot Upload artwork anymore.

you wrote:
2. you can submit up to 3 designs to the contest. (you may upload more designs if the Contest Holder notes your entry as "needs work")

Please Advice.
Regards,
-Amr

There are some selections that the CH can choose to allow changes to a design. I'll see if one of the admin can contact him to have him use those to allow tweeks to current designs.

#8 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

Ok, Thanks
-Amr

There are some selections that the CH can choose to allow changes to a design. I'll see if one of the admin can contact him to have him use those to allow tweeks to current designs.

#9 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:53 PM

no problem

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:51 PM

you wrote:

Please Advice.
Regards,
-Amr

you got it right. so now it is up to the CH whether or not to grant you more entries.

#11 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:01 PM

OK, so I believe i'll wait till the CH do that if he still want me to modify my design which i assume one of the admins told the CH that already per Coy's explanation on the preview post.

Also i would like to know the text appear above the Samples, some says Need work and others Says OK, So whats the different betwen the Yellow respond box and the text above the samples, this really confusing me.

Sorry for being annoying xD

Regards,
Amr

#12 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:10 PM

Regarding the "Save on Soap" contest... the CH requested (via comment) a revision to one of my designs. I posted the revision, but also wanted to post a 3rd entry (non-revision), but the board will not let me post.

What am I missing?
:) Brandy

#13 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:36 AM

again the CH needs to select the "needs work" catagory to allow for revisions.

To anyone else wanting to submit revisions I'd suggest requesting the CH make this selection before submitting any revisions.

#14 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:26 AM

Thanks Coy, but the CH did select "Needs Work", yet I am still unable to post a 3rd logo... maybe I'm doing it wrong...

#15 marzac2

marzac2

• Designer
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:30 AM

I've had the same problem for the Terrorists for Peace contest. "Needs Work" is on my design, but I'm not able to post a revision either. Submit entry button is disabled for me.

• Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:45 AM

Thanks Coy, but the CH did select "Needs Work", yet I am still unable to post a 3rd logo... maybe I'm doing it wrong...

I guess the counter still counts the entry that I removed (because there were several designs in a single entry - as I explained via PM). So I don't think we can do something here.

• Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:50 AM

I've had the same problem for the Terrorists for Peace contest. "Needs Work" is on my design, but I'm not able to post a revision either. Submit entry button is disabled for me.

this is really strange... We'll need to look into it.
Do you think you could PM me your password (I just want to see the problem myself) - you will be able to change your password later from your userCP.

#18 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:52 PM

I'm having this problem in the Terrorists for Peace contest as well, and didn't have any entries removed from this one.

• Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

I am terribly sorry, there was indeed a bug with "needs work" note - it was not giving an extra entry. Now it has been fixed and should work fine.

Edited by Coy, 21 January 2010 - 09:22 PM.

#20 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

Hi Sergey,
Well... it tells me now that I can post one last entry, but still doesn't allow it. When I click the button to post an entry, nothing happens....

I have an unrelated question regarding the non-guaranteed contests that are open to all members - should Elite Designers be using the logo canvas? (even though regular members do not)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users