Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1
    Coy
    Coy is offline
    Elite Designer Coy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    City, State
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,530


    Exclamation ONE submission per entry

    FYI -

    In the past we've allowed logo's to show multiple font variations.

    With the new system we'd like to keep it to just ONE submission per entry.

    this means that if you have a logo concept and the CH wants a different font you can only show one at a time.

    This also means that the logo concepts them selves. Some of our new members are posting multiple images per post this has never been allowed.

    If you do sumite mite multiple images (except b&w and flat color variations) then it will be taken down and the system automatically gives point penalties.

    (point penalties?? you ask-- let's just say you get so many points taken away and you'll end up being banned for a week, a month forever..)

    If you have any questions feel free to ask.


    I'd also like to warn the newer members as well about our 3 concept rule.
    This means you can only submit 3 concepts not 4 or 5 just 3 with variations to concepts requested by the CH ONLY. If the CH selects "needs work" and you submite a New concept this will be your next concept.
    So if you have submited one concept and the CH selects "needs work" and your image is segnificatly different than the first this is your second concept (and so on) if you are found with more than 3 concepts I'll remove all of your concepts and you'll be given a warning, next time you'll be banned.. Other moderators may be nicer about it and just leave the first 3 up for you. but I will not.

  2. #2
    The founder resurepus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    City, State
    Toulouse
    Posts
    9,302


    edited the thread title to be more specific.

    follow DesignContest on twitter

  3. #3
    Coy
    Coy is offline
    Elite Designer Coy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    City, State
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,530


    Thanks Resurepus.

  4. #4
    Elite Designer noxieCreative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    City, State
    Raleigh
    Posts
    80


    Hey coy,

    Can you expand a little bit more on the 3 concept rule?

    Ill do a scenario:

    I find a contest. I upload a decent size pic which includes the logo and then in the corner has a black and white version and an alternative color or flat color version.

    That counts as 1 concept right? not 3?

    And then if the CH says "needs work" i can reupload something in place of my original work or no?

    I know I am not an elite designer yet (hopefully will be soon) but maybe by me asking questions it can help out the rest of the members.

    Thanks
    Michael Mangelli
    noxieCreative.com

  5. #5
    Admin sharie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    City, State
    Entiat
    Posts
    9,199


    Hi there, thanks for the question, I'm not coy but I might be able to help a little

    An entry can consist of (1) design. That (1) design can be shown in flat colors and black and white and still count as (1) entry.

    If the ch decides the entry needs work you will be allowed to revise and enter that design again and still count as your (I1) entry. If your changes make the design/entry significantly different , the entry becomes a new entry.

    It is up to you the designer to decide if the entry needs to become a new entry. If "we" the admins/moderators handle the issue infractions will occur. So it is very important for each designer to make sure the entry they upload is the one they want to enter as a revision or a new entry

    hope this helped a little.



    Quote Originally Posted by noxieCreative View Post
    Hey coy,

    Can you expand a little bit more on the 3 concept rule?

    Ill do a scenario:

    I find a contest. I upload a decent size pic which includes the logo and then in the corner has a black and white version and an alternative color or flat color version.

    That counts as 1 concept right? not 3?

    And then if the CH says "needs work" i can reupload something in place of my original work or no?

    I know I am not an elite designer yet (hopefully will be soon) but maybe by me asking questions it can help out the rest of the members.

    Thanks
    Michael Mangelli
    noxieCreative.com

    Like us on facebook

  6. #6
    Elite Designer noxieCreative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    City, State
    Raleigh
    Posts
    80


    Crystal clear. Thanks sharie!

  7. #7
    Guru jjyepez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    City, State
    VE. Caracas, DC
    Posts
    947


    Hi folks,
    I'm new on pro contests and I am still fine-tuning my knowledge on the rules so I apologize If I'm missing some of them, I'll be more careful .. but .. there is something a little bit confusing right now to me:

    Quote Originally Posted by Coy View Post
    this means that if you have a logo concept and the CH wants a different font you can only show one at a time.
    I am initially understanding that these have to be one per entry ...
    http://www.designcontest.com/logo-de...tography/1121/

    .. but then I see this:
    DesignContest.net | Trudy Holtz Photography
    and I get back into confusion.

    Please, would you by kind and clarify what I am missing?
    Thanks in advance,
    Kind regards,
    --
    jjyepez
    Last edited by jjyepez; 02-11-2010 at 09:24 AM.

  8. #8
    Guru jjyepez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    City, State
    VE. Caracas, DC
    Posts
    947


    I also read about a little variation on "new concept" or "revisions" meaning.

    http://www.designcontest.com/forum/e...tml#post123075
    and
    http://www.designcontest.com/forum/e...tml#post123083

    so ... ?

  9. #9
    Admin sharie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    City, State
    Entiat
    Posts
    9,199


    Thanks for reading up on the rules again. That is a good thing for all to do sometimes.

    Look at it this way just folloow the rules form this entry on....no more font variations (I'm guilty of it also). Don't worry about whayt has been done. The rules will be inforced from now on. If I'm wrong about the don't worry about what "has" been done in the current contests, I will be corrected. So again just make sure all your entries from now on will only have one entry, one font variation, revisions will be the same and if the revision changes the design to look way different than it is considered a new entry.

    Quote Originally Posted by jjyepez View Post
    Hi folks,
    I'm new on pro contests and I am still fine-tuning my knowledge on the rules so I apologize If I'm missing some of them, I'll be more careful .. but .. there is something a little bit confusing right now to me:



    I am initially understanding that these have to be one per entry ...
    DesignContest.net | Trudy Holtz Photography

    .. but then I see this:
    DesignContest.net | Trudy Holtz Photography
    and I get back into confusion.

    Please, would you by kind and clarify what I am missing?
    Thanks in advance,
    Kind regards,
    --
    jjyepez

    Like us on facebook

  10. #10
    Coy
    Coy is offline
    Elite Designer Coy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    City, State
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,530


    Yes jjyepez my entry with two different fonts I was given a warning about and why I posted this to let everyone know what is going to be enforced from the date of this point forward..
    we have in the past been allowed to submit designs with different fonts on one canvas and that is simply not going to be allowed from now on.

    Also as a new Elite Team member you should of read the "elite rules" which stated 3 entried per contest. in the Trudy Holtz contest you've entere more than three, but I've only delet one. which was posted after I'd posted this.

    If there are any confusions about this feel free to ask.

    Thanks for taking Noxie's question Sharie.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    City, State
    Sragen , jawa tengah ,indonesia
    Posts
    3


    good jobs boys!! thanks for info :P

  12. #12
    Coy
    Coy is offline
    Elite Designer Coy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    City, State
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,530


    I also wanted to let EVERYONE know that when you have your submission taken down for not following the rules.. The 30 points you get dinged with automatically, well it may effect your account in someway's. I know the Elite Design Team members won't be able to see their forum and someothers may not be able to post in threads.

    I logged on today with a few PM's asking me what's up with this or that. all of them had their submissions taken down for one reason or another so this is why..

    PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE RULES. THEY ARE HERE FOR EVERYONES BENEFIT!

  13. #13
    Guru guetizo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,864


    Let me tell that you that the rule about downgrade elite to registered users is simple ridiculous!!! It seems that DC.net is trying to protect registered users instead of Elite members. To remind some, were and are elite member that deliver logos and other designs to happy Contest Holders. They are - somewhat - the bases so DC.net needs to survive out there. New contest holders and contests means new upfront fees for DC.net. So why penalize Elite Members. I was caught in a contest that its not even guarantee by Administration and I got the infringement, for what? To help the CH? To help DC.net?

    Back to the point of revision, we can't show different types of treatment if the CH doesn't mark them as "need work"... its not a fair thing let me tell you.
    If CH asks for "can i see this in a couple of different scripts?" we are doomed 'cause we'll burn all entries left. This can 'cause less entries to a contest and therefore less happy CH's

    C'mom there are certain things that need to be simple common sense then moderate if needed that's all.

    Paulo

  14. #14
    The founder resurepus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    City, State
    Toulouse
    Posts
    9,302


    Quote Originally Posted by guetizo View Post
    Let me tell that you that the rule about downgrade elite to registered users is simple ridiculous!!! It seems that DC.net is trying to protect registered users instead of Elite members. To remind some, were and are elite member that deliver logos and other designs to happy Contest Holders. They are - somewhat - the bases so DC.net needs to survive out there. New contest holders and contests means new upfront fees for DC.net. So why penalize Elite Members. I was caught in a contest that its not even guarantee by Administration and I got the infringement, for what? To help the CH? To help DC.net?
    I thought that since I removed the infraction the issue was resolved?

    That's true, the infraction system needs to be improved, but it's a topic for a whole different discussion.

    follow DesignContest on twitter

  15. #15
    The founder resurepus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    City, State
    Toulouse
    Posts
    9,302


    Quote Originally Posted by guetizo View Post
    Back to the point of revision, we can't show different types of treatment if the CH doesn't mark them as "need work"... its not a fair thing let me tell you.
    If CH asks for "can i see this in a couple of different scripts?" we are doomed 'cause we'll burn all entries left. This can 'cause less entries to a contest and therefore less happy CH's
    That's true, this might be a problem. But it is our duty to "educate" the CH about our rules. We will also be working on improving the interface so that it will be easier for the CH to let us know what he wants through the new system.

    And to be honest, I think that if the CH marked your first design as "needs work" and asked for some font modifications and if you submitted the font modifications (with one design on a canvas) and it was not marked "needs work" it probably means that the CH understood that changing the font will probably not make him choose this design.
    Even though you could submit many other font modifications, they are not going to change the CH's mind.

    So it is probably one of the few rules that will stay unchanged. One entry=one design. There are other ways to make this work without overloading the submissions with different variations.

    follow DesignContest on twitter

  16. #16
    Coy
    Coy is offline
    Elite Designer Coy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    City, State
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,530


    bump to the top for new users.

  17. #17
    Apprentice Designer
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11


    Ok, got everything but one small thingy....one design is if I submit one logo plus black/white flat.....can I have in that one design also horizontal/vertical position shown of the same logo or is that too much?

  18. #18
    Coy
    Coy is offline
    Elite Designer Coy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    City, State
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,530


    Quote Originally Posted by pecintoha View Post
    Ok, got everything but one small thingy....one design is if I submit one logo plus black/white flat.....can I have in that one design also horizontal/vertical position shown of the same logo or is that too much?
    That is too much. just one position pick wich one you think looks the best horizonal or the vertical one. The contest holder might ask for a different layout then you can present the other one.

  19. #19
    Guru ZukiH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,172


    i have one question, is the "only submit 3 concepts not 4 or 5 just 3" still a rule? I reported more then once, a 4th or 5th concept and nothing happened

  20. #20
    Coy
    Coy is offline
    Elite Designer Coy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    City, State
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,530


    FYI- We'll be getting a Standard Canvas to everyone to download and use here at DC to submit their work. This should help everyone from having their sumissions deleted.

    So keep an eye out for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •