Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    City, State
    Toulouse

New design has been launched + some new features

As you can see we have just launched a new version of our design for our website and the forums (if you still have the old forum skin, please, choose "DC skin in the very borrom of the forums).

We believe that this design update will make DC easier to navigate and more understandable to new users.

There are some minor updates and one that is very important - we have launched designers rating. Now you can see who has won most contests on DC recently.

As with any update, there might be some bugs in our code, so if you find something that looks weird or works not the way it supposed to, please, report here and we'll try to take care of it right away.

follow DesignContest on twitter

City, State
    San Antonio, Texas

A little bland, but then again, sometimes less = More! Overall so far I really like the new layout of things. It does seem a bit easier to navigate & I'm sure it's going to make it Way easier for new designers & contest holders alike.

I like how things are shaping up here a lot. This site is becoming more & more user friendly each year.

City, State
    Toulouse

Quote Originally Posted by scorpionagency View Post
    A little bland, but then again, sometimes less = More! Overall so far I really like the new layout of things. It does seem a bit easier to navigate & I'm sure it's going to make it Way easier for new designers & contest holders alike.

I like how things are shaping up here a lot. This site is becoming more & more user friendly each year.
    Thanks! but at the same time it is still work in progress and we'll add more things which will spice it up a little bit.

City, State
    London

I don't like how font is antialised, hurts my eyes

I like the smooth transition between website and forum

visually a tad crude but a start nonetheless
    "Once you take yourself too seriously the art will suffer."

Banned

like maxon said the antialising is kinda rough especially on the red lettering...

agree with maxson, the font is a bit "spiky"... in these cases a more "webby" font could work better... and they are still young and beautiful... like tahoma, verdana... something along these lines

Paulo

maybe switching the order of the colored boxes at the top?

CONTESTS - DESIGNERS - PORTFOLIO - FORUM

Or a different one, but starting with "contests".

Also, some "Subscribe for e-mail updates" and "Add to my shortlist"

City, State
    Dunedin, FL

hmmm. all of the fonts look great to me...
    Brandy

I think the website is looking really good so far. Keep up the good work!

Brandy,

Quote Originally Posted by brandyarnold View Post
    hmmm. all of the fonts look great to me...
    There's only ONE type of font in the entire site.

Paulo

City, State
    Dunedin, FL

I'm looking at 2 different fonts from where I'm sitting, though the 2nd one is minimal - but my point is that anywhere that a font is present, it looks great.
    Brandy

City, State
    Greenville, SC

font looks great or really bad, depending on your computer/browser/etc. I have a macbookpro at home and looks pretty darn good on it. I also have a windows pc running windows xp, and the font looks like crap when viewing the site on it. here's a screenshot. as you can see, font is hardly even legible!

that aside, i think the new look is much better than the previous one.
    Last edited by onesummer; 07-16-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    - onesummer (paul)

visit my portfolio website at: www.pauljobson.com

City, State
    Bradenton, Florida

nice surprise

I logged in for my daily visit to dc and what a pleasant surprise~ I really like the new look and yes it is more user-friendly.

We believe that this design update will make DC easier to navigate and more understandable to new users.

There are some minor updates and one that is very important - we have launched designers rating. Now you can see who has won most contests on DC recently.

As with any update, there might be some bugs in our code, so if you find something that looks weird or works not the way it supposed to, please, report here and we'll try to take care of it right away.[/QUOTE]

Apprentice Designer

I wasn't a member for the old format. Where do I find the DC skin at the bottom?

City, State
    Dunedin, FL

Quote Originally Posted by ssoxide View Post
    I wasn't a member for the old format. Where do I find the DC skin at the bottom?
    Please read the threads that you are posting in. The very first post in this thread tells you exactly how to make sure you're on the new skin.
    Brandy

City, State
    Constanta, Romania

I don't like the font used, and too much white for my taste. On IE there are also some missed place items. On google chrome everything seems ok an even the font looks a little better, i guess it's a trend "everybody hates IE". But not the design of the site is what i like here, but the "friendly" feel. Is there gonna be a vote system for the designers also? so that the designers rate on the logos just like the CH does?

City, State
    Toulouse

Quote Originally Posted by smyth View Post
    I don't like the font used, and too much white for my taste. On IE there are also some missed place items.
    I would appreciate if you could be more specific. Take some screenshots when you see problems. This way it will be easier for us to fix them.

Is there gonna be a vote system for the designers also? so that the designers rate on the logos just like the CH does?
    I didn't quite understand the question...

City, State
    Entiat

The image is from the contest entry page This shows like this (overlapping text)when using IE and aol. I have not seen any other missplacements or overlapping
    Last edited by sharie; 07-08-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Like us on facebook

City, State
    Constanta, Romania

the exemple sharie post is the one i saw also.
    About the question: CH can rate entries, what if designers can do that also?

City, State
    Toulouse

Quote Originally Posted by smyth View Post
    the exemple sharie post is the one i saw also.
    About the question: CH can rate entries, what if designers can do that also?
    well, in professional (logo) contests we let only the contest holder rate entries and provide feedback. We believe that it creates equal conditions for everybody who participates in the contest.
    Designs should speak for themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information