Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

DesignContest.net's ambitions

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:03 AM

I am glad to announce that I have reached an agreement with a Russian-American company to invest into development of DesignContest.net It is great news not only because they will help us build all new features we want much faster, but also because they are bringing in their experience - and I must say that it is a very valuable asset. They are a marketing company with several very successful internet projects among which are WebHostingGeeks.com and WebHostingRating.com. I strongly believe that now we'll be able to reach our ultimate goal and to become the most successful Design Contest community in the world. And I am not exaggerating here. Now we have the means and the experience needed to accomplish this.

There is serious research going behind the scenes to plan how our website will develop. But the important thing is that those guys understand the importance of the community we have build here over the years and they are very careful not to change anything too quickly and they are very attentive to the rules and traditions that we established here. So it is very important that you, the members of the Design Contest community should participate in the development of the website. We want to hear all your ideas that can help us improve the DC experience, to make the website more efficient.

You can submit your ideas in this thread or if the feature you'd like to suggest is something that needs to be discussed, please, post it as a separate thread in the Development of DesignContest.net forum.

#2 Vaiva

Vaiva

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

WOW!!!! Really glad for You and for us all!!! (hehe this must be true - I have a good nose on successful projects, believe me :)))

#3 Stev27

Stev27

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 398 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

That sounds like great news. I would like to see clients requesting illustration work. Could be to support magazine articles, book covers or company t-shirt art.

The future here sounds very promising. :D

#4 onesummer

onesummer

Guru

• Designer
  • 804 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:56 PM

Congrats, Sergey. This sounds very promising. I look forward to being able to provide suggestions for the new development.
- onesummer (paul)

visit my portfolio website at: www.pauljobson.com

#5 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

I think illustration options would be great...A place for book and magazine publishers to shop and search for designers. it would be great to see some illustration contests

Like us on facebook

#6 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

congrats , this is great news for lots of members the different types of contests :)
i wish all the best for DC & i'm grateful that i'm part of this community.
i'd like to suggest more tools to help the CHs make the project description more clear.
some of them just post we need new logo!!
lookin forward to provide more suggestion to improve DC experience for everyone :)

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

• Guests

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

Thank you guys! And don't forget to share your ideas for the future of DesignContest.net in this thread and in the Development of DesignContest.net section of the forums. Keep in mind that anything is possible now!

#8 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:00 PM

Sergy, This is great news. My question would be how in the world can we make the best any better. Well you hit it right on the nail, community involvement. I suggest that you have a community forum contest that awards a t-shirt or something , in order for the community to brainstorm some good ideas, I know it can happen without the contest but Hey a little bit of a push can't hurt. Set up a Thread in the Development section and have uses submit ideas. It will have to moderated because you might get a bunch of Post that are just to add post. The power of all these minds is priceless. Congratulations

Vince

Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood. — Fabien Barral

• Guests

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

Sergy, This is great news. My question would be how in the world can we make the best any better. Well you hit it right on the nail, community involvement. I suggest that you have a community forum contest that awards a t-shirt or something , in order for the community to brainstorm some good ideas, I know it can happen without the contest but Hey a little bit of a push can't hurt. Set up a Thread in the Development section and have uses submit ideas. It will have to moderated because you might get a bunch of Post that are just to add post. The power of all these minds is priceless. Congratulations

Thanks for the kind words, but hey, you will be surprised how much space there is still to grow and improve!

And that's an excellent idea for the community contest. I'll be more than willing to give away a DC t-shirt for a good idea and the community contest might be a good ground for posting and discussing ideas.

#10 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:45 AM

Wonderful news. Glad to hear that DC is getting even better and stronger than it already is.

#11 Stev27

Stev27

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:41 AM

Is there a timeframe as to when changes will start happening within the site? When can we expect to see new features popping up on DC? :confused: :)

#12 amir

amir

• Designer
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

Congrats, is great news (for me too as a new Designer) in "DesignContest.net",

i is Growing....and this very good.

if ours community grows, we also grow with...

always think positive :-))

#13 Artive

Artive

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

Yipee! DC can start an online magazine. Registered users can contribute articles, and after an editorial review, it can appear in the online issue. The magazine can also have a downloadable PDF format. It can be a monthly issue.

#14 Xyther

Xyther

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:13 AM

New to DC just reading articles & getting started ^_^

#15 aik

aik

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

Hi, glad to now that we're heading into a brighter day, that's a good news indeed Sergey (it's been like 3 months but it's still a good news) :)
Btw, I had a little idea for the future, well not exactly an idea, more like a question actually, about the rating system, that could look as if it is unfair, when a design already rated and then marked as need work and then rated again, and all the revision with few slight changes rated altogether, you know what I mean. Perhaps there's a way to rate similar design from one designer so it just add up the point, not cumulative?

PS: welcome Xyther (should I call you John?), I've just noticed that you're new here, didn't see your name in the introduction thread, well have a nice designing here, seems that you're already posted some of your designs, just don't forget about the rules..

Sorry if this is not the right place to post :)

Edited by aik, 22 October 2010 - 03:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users