for contest design info.

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 CDS

CDS

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

having just joined a few days ago i'm a still a bit confused and have a few questions...
• is there a place that says what all the icons mean
• what do the different colored names mean
• what's the difference between the dark and lite green squares
• i know you need an online portfolio to join but i've visited several member profile pages and can never find the link to their page
•*found the 'member list' page and my listing but my website is not listed [and how do i get it there]
•*on the 'voting' threads how can you vote if you can't check out their website
...sorry for all the questions but i just want to get this right so i can finally get to the designing...thanks in advance...take care, sam
  • budiX likes this

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:07 PM

The first place to visit for some answers is your user control panel. Your user CP has many things you can do. If you look up to the top of the page (under the blue box that says portfolio) on the viewing left you will see the words user cp. Once there explore around, you can create albums, edit signatures, avatars, control your friends, subscribe to threads plus much more.

The green jewels correlate with your user reputation. A member can gain reputation points when another member adds to your reputation (one of the icons you were asking about) If you hold you mouse or point over the icon it says what it is, the first icon shows if you are online, the second icon is where you can add to a users reputation. Lets say you are reading a post and found it very helpful, click the icon and follow the directions.

The different colors for members, starting with your color...registered member

green shows everyone you an Elite designer.

The bolder maroon (this color might be different on different monitors) color is our moderator color

Black shows that member is an Admin.

Portfolios.... some members post them in the signature some post link in profile. The required portfolio is for when you apply for Elite Designer.

Some pages to read and review

be sure and read this whole page, A huge amount of info is on this page

Entering Professional Contests - DesignContest.net

and this page

Forum Participation - DesignContest.net

and this page

Become Elite Designer - DesignContest.net

You can find links to these pages and more at the bottom of all contest pages in the grey box area bottom of page.

Hope this helps

Sharie
  • Babba and budiX like this

Like us on facebook

#3 Vacreativos

Vacreativos

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:10 PM

Thank's sharie,
I am new here. because of my bad english and not have a time to read all information i'm a little bit confused too.

#4 Legend3D

Legend3D

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

Thanks I was wondering about those things aswell.

#5 soldation2010

soldation2010

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:01 PM

how to delete picture of logo which we do not like?

Good question but I don't think it's possible .... right, Sharie? Once you put an entry that's it !

#6 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:12 PM

You cannot withdraw your entries.

Good question but I don't think it's possible .... right, Sharie? Once you put an entry that's it !

#7 muzzha

muzzha

Banned

• Banned
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:24 PM

Unfortunately, that is true ;)

#8 dbrandal

dbrandal

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:38 AM

Hi I am newbie in this forum, and I want to try to follow the design of this contest, but I'm still confused how to get started here. please help.

#9 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36575 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:46 AM

Hi I am newbie in this forum, and I want to try to follow the design of this contest, but I'm still confused how to get started here. please help.

Hi Dbrandal!:)
I wish you welcome!
I am newbie as well, and was also a bit confused here, but it's not that hard to figure it.
At "knowledgebase" you will find guidelines & instructions, if you already haven't. Also, on the forum and various threads you will find a many useful info.
Admins, moderators and designers in this community will always help you.
I am not sure what exactly you are confused with... Briefly - you have to participate with posting and with threads as much as you can - that way you are contributing to community... specially if you can share something interesting or knowledge. 10 of your sense posts (which are monitored) is minimum for possibility of participating at contest.
Hope I helped you a bit.

:)
Babba

#10 kertasisa

kertasisa

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:29 PM

Yo!
I'm totally newbie.
Just want to ask, why I cant submit my design to the contest?
When I click the 'submit a design' button, thy said: You are about to submit a design, please read all the requirements carefully.
Then, when I click the 'submit a design' button in the bottom: Dialog box appear and said 'Please only upload JPG, PNG, or GIF image'

Well, if I have to read all the requirements, then where that requirements?
Can anybody tell me why?

Thanks.

#11 Alok

Alok

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:46 AM

Thanks sharie
I'm a newbie and I really needed those information. :D

#12 Alok

Alok

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:48 AM

I'm also a newbie. Did you finish the test?? Because its a requirement I think.

#13 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:58 AM

To all new members please read through our knowledgebase. Our knowledgebase can be found by clicking "help" the help link is up top of all DC pages in the header section. When you click help the page will come up where you can either choose the knowledgebase or submit a help ticket

Knowledgebase - Powered by DesignContest.com

What does shows up on the list is determined by the level you are as a designer for example if you are newly registered ( apprentice designer) then only the general and apprentice category will show up, if you are ajr designer then more options will show up for you

Like us on facebook

#14 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:32 AM

Sharie, I can't find where I can edit my signature (a forum signature). Is this option available only for the senior members/admins?

#15 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:37 AM

The signature option is not there for members. The feature no longer exists

Like us on facebook

#16 acapulco

acapulco

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

as a designer, I think, difficult to follow. too complicated to use. how the designers will be more interested in being out there is still much more reliable and good designers. whether to fill it first and if one should wait 1 day? not very effective and familiar

#17 Sequoia

Sequoia

• Designer
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

Dear acapulco,
What are your suggestions to improve the site?. Many of us have made it through, have read the rules and sometimes have broken the rules and got infracted. That has been the way many of us have learned how the site works because must of all are to lazy to read before submitting (if it happens you are not lazy but you just don´t have the time to read, I sure believe you wouldn´t have time to post here either). Read the forum, read the rules, read the knowledge base, if you have questions come to us, everyone in DC is more than welcome to help. Why can´t be easier?, well, even when it is always possible to improve, this site has been building a reputation of having very good designers who are serious in their work and have taken the time to follow the site´s conditions, and designers who won´t really want to take it that seriously find it hard to understand it. If this is to hard for you maybe you can suggest a serious idea of how to improve. How does that sound? :)

#18 acapulco

acapulco

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

thanks to Sequoia who has provided information on a complete knowledge, it was not arbitrary to collect
the designer, only serious, knowledgeable & responsible. not only that, but
supported by the media forum to exchange opinions, information & knowledge.
as a newcomer initially was confused with the existing tools to have to seek first, to have to look at information from the conversations in the forum. but eventually realized it was all to filter the designers with a more selective and knowledgeable.
thanks for the information, opinion and finally I am very pleased to be joined in DC
thank you Sequoia

#19 Sequoia

Sequoia

• Designer
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:52 PM

Hi acapulco,
So glad to hear your enthusiasm! we are very glad to have you try your talent here :)

Sequoia

#20 ramalho

ramalho

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

I'm also new here, and I participated in a contest that now is closed. It's been 4 days since got closed but still there's not result of the winner. Is it always like that? How long does it take to we know who's the winner?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users