• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:43 PM

Hi everyone! I have some exciting news for people who live in countries that do not accept paypal.

I can now pay anyone who can accept MasterCard.

You (the designer) will need to tell me which payment gateway you are using to get your money.

There will be a $5 fee for this service, and any fees that the processor (ikobo, Western Union, etc) charge will come out of your prize money.

I hope this will assist people who live in countries that don't accept Paypal.

If you have any questions, please send me a PM.

Vicki (aka Nevadabadgirl)
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#2 Radaman

Radaman

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:29 AM

thats so cool, but for joining the team I should have a paypall anyway, right?
I try to express myself in inapropriate manner and my signature was changed by the administrator :(

#3 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:07 AM

Just a note: For any designers using Western Union, you can expect to wait up to 2 weeks to get your money. For some reason, they won't accept online payments from my mastercard :(
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#4 bogglins

bogglins

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:22 AM

I'm using ikobo too.. their new card is good

Moneybookers is a good choice as well..
..I'm using it to receive money/payment from my clients..
https://www.moneyboo...pp/?rid=1448613
have a look.. :)
thanks!

#5 odhed

odhed

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:56 PM

whoaaa .. great,, i use to choose western union for my payment,, because i can't use paypal ... and i'm glad to see this western union thing,, :D
dotgrafika - Printing & Graphics deSign | Hosting & Domain Solutions | Free Online Magz

#6 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:04 PM

Yes, I can use them, but Moneygram is better, they are cheaper and are located in many places around the world. This one costs the designer way les (around$15-$25).

#7 semaca2005

semaca2005

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:52 AM

I just have a little question... i don't have a paypal account and i don't think i can make one because is not available in romania (i thinck) and i will not make one because i don't need it for something else!
I was just wondering if there can be an alternative for this payment metod
:confused:

So if i don't have paypal i cant get in the team... another useles criterio for chusing team m8

#8 andrendhiq

andrendhiq

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:38 PM

He he i have Paypal account it can accept payment now from others but i still confuse how to withdraw it in cash with credit card.:(
--------------------------------------
http://www.logosauce.com/profiles/977

#9 semaca2005

semaca2005

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:56 PM

He he i have Paypal account it can accept payment now from others but i still confuse how to withdraw it in cash with credit card.:(
--------------------------------------
http://www.logosauce.com/profiles/977

:))) well that sucks...
ask some people out here :D i'm shure they will help
:D

#10 andrendhiq

andrendhiq

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:31 PM

Yes i think Payments is most popular isue , not just in here :).Paypal is the easiest way but i think should be wide open for others alternative payment so it's not be frontier for designers to get participate in competition and to show their creativity.

#11 Arzmir

Arzmir

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:45 PM

I think a buddy of mine had a good substitute for PayPal which were directly linked to his national bank account. I'll question him about it and post an update later today.
"I'll make him a design he can't refuse!"
http://www.arzmir.net

#12 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:08 PM

So if i don't have paypal i cant get in the team... another useles criterio for chusing team m8

No, that is not the case. First off, it is not a useless criteria, it is actually the easiest way to pay most of the designers.

If you have ANY way of accepting mastercard payments, I can pay you that way (meaning a shopping cart system on your website, or similiar), or I can wire the money using Moneygram. This does require a $15 fee taken out of the prize money, which covers the wiring and ATM fees.

#13 member_gone

member_gone

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 421 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:25 PM

Also, those who live in countries not supported by paypal should check this link: http://www.2checkout...ommunity/?p=408

#14 semaca2005

semaca2005

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:24 PM

soo...
i guess Western Union could be an alternativ?

#15 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:15 AM

Yes, I can use western union, but then the fees go up to around $30. They are more expensive than MoneyGram, and if you have a western union office, you probably have a money gram office. PM me the city you are from and I can find out for you.

#16 andrendhiq

andrendhiq

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:32 AM

Yes, WU is easy and fast to pay, but it's expensive there.I ever got payment from my client just for $75, but the cost for transaction with WU takes $20 it's almost 30% there.:(

#17 semaca2005

semaca2005

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:23 AM

Yes, WU is easy and fast to pay, but it's expensive there.I ever got payment from my client just for $75, but the cost for transaction with WU takes $20 it's almost 30% there.:(

wow .... i think is very expensiv...
so... what about the mastercard payments... how that work? just have to hav a mastercard ? or any card? i have VISA?

#18 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:09 AM

No, you would have to be able to accept them as payment. That would require a merchant account with your bank or to use paypal, or the one that logoholik offered a link to. Those are the only ones that seem to work with the card attached to the DC account.

WU is very expensive, that is why I use MoneyGram.

#19 zooley

zooley

• Designer
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:11 PM

I just have a little question... i don't have a paypal account and i don't think i can make one because is not available in romania (i thinck) and i will not make one because i don't need it for something else!
I was just wondering if there can be an alternative for this payment metod

Actually i'm from romania and i have PayPal account that works. You have to ask in BRD. I made my PayPall account with a BRD card! :)

#20 semaca2005

semaca2005

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:49 PM

Actually i'm from romania and i have PayPal account that works. You have to ask in BRD. I made my PayPall account with a BRD card! :)

so ... hove much for the fee to make an paypall account?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users