#1 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:41 PM

Company Logo Design Contest
This one should be good for practice.

In this contest, designers will compete to create a real logo for a fake company. The company name and description are entirely made up. Hopefully I’ve provided enough details to get you started, but if you have any questions then please send me a PM and I will post the answer publicly.

A few rules before you get going:
- keep your presentations simple; we’re judging the logo, not what's surrounding it
- respect the work of others; if your entry looks similar, don’t post it, it’s as simple as that
- no third party materials may be used in your designs (other than type fonts of course)
- no risky or controversial material please!!!
- there’s a maximum of 3 entries per designer
- the deadline for this contest is July 17th, 2007
- all logos must be [IMG] tagged in the thread; no URL linking

Ok designers, here’s your brief:

Company Name: Cellebrity Communications

Project Description: Our company is involved in both the product and service industry. We provide customized cell phones and carrier services to the rich and famous around the world. Our business model revolves around providing top notch styles, exclusive product selections, and custom calling plans with secure signal dialing. Our great selection of customizable merchandise helps our customers feel better because they know they’ve got the best there is. As well, secure signal dialing technology ensures that our customers receive an extra layer of privacy.

We want the logo to feel high class, but not to be traditional or over the top with new-aged glamour. Our customer age range is 12-65 so make sure that your logo design doesn’t make anyone feel left out. Another important factor is that we want the logo to connect our customers to the feeling of our company, not to the literal products and services we provide. On that note, try to stay fairly abstract with your designs.

In terms of the logo style, we’re open to pretty much anything that can capture the feel of our company. We want the end result to look somewhat modern and definitely professional. Other than that, we leave the colors, style, and further direction to you creative designers.

I’ll do my best to give helpful feedback to everyone who enters. Good luck to all of the participants!

#2 McGrattan

McGrattan

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:24 AM

Wahoo!

Posted Image
Laid on a Mac

#3 mteg24

mteg24

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:41 PM

Here's my attempt:

Posted Image

#4 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:48 PM

McGrattan, looks nice, although I'm a bit confused by what you've got going with the double L's. Could you explain that a bit? :)

mteg24, nice integration of the type and symbol. Remember though, the company wants to stay on the abstract side.

Good job so far! A note from the "contest holder":

Another inspirational word for this logo is "sleek". Also, since these services are fairly new, we don't want the logo to be confused for "just another communications company" or "just another carrier service". However, we also don't want to lose the "communications" connection amidst the celebrity idea. We want both of them to work in harmony together.

#5 McGrattan

McGrattan

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:19 AM

McGrattan, looks nice, although I'm a bit confused by what you've got going with the double L's. Could you explain that a bit? :)

Ya, I guess they don't really have antennas like that anymore...on to #2!
Laid on a Mac

#6 samisad0rk

samisad0rk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:33 AM

Here is my first go. :) Feedback appreciated.

Posted Image

#7 McGrattan

McGrattan

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:53 PM

In the words of Borat: "Very Nice!"
Laid on a Mac

#8 Cmd+X

Cmd+X

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:09 AM

here is my first attempt. i focused more on the privacy aspect! hence i used a lock sideways!

Posted Image

#9 aitek

aitek

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:01 PM

Posted Image

Nice look, i like the cleanness and small incorporations of stardom, but not too overdone =)

#10 darb

darb

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:31 PM

Posted Image

Had Paris in mind lol sorry if post didnt work right its been a while

#11 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

Great stuff! Keep them coming, I'll give more feedback a bit later on today :)

#12 aitek

aitek

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:56 PM

Hey guys, here is my first submission in any of these forums, so comments/suggestions are appreciated, thanks:

Posted Image

#13 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:11 AM

Alright, well as I mentioned, great new stuff!

samisad0rk, I like how the Y-tail gets carried over, it provides interest to the eye. Remember though that the company wants to look unique. This is your chance to get away from using the default star, swoosh, and font. It would be really great to see those shapes customized in some way. Also, make sure that you don't make the "communications" text too small; I think if the logo were sized down a notch, you might not be able to read it.

Cmd+X, although this design is pleasant to look at, there are a few things to consider: First, be careful when replacing letters with images or shapes, it can make the word look like a totally different word very easily (and you won't notice it). Also, keep in mind that a logo is not likely to be displayed as large as you have it here. You'll want to make sure that all of the elements are clearly visible when the logo is approx. 200 pixels wide.

darb, please remember that our goal here is to create a real logo. The company is fake but this contest does require designers to pretend as though it was real. Cellebrity Communications has no association with Paris Hilton. Also, it would not be a very good connotation talking about jail in a communications logo. You're welcome to give it another shot, but please keep these things in mind.

aitek, you have a very cool looking design here. One thing that throws me off a bit is that it looks somewhat like a bar of soap. Also, something worth mentioning is that the company really wants to get their feeling across to customers rather than just having their logo represent something literally. The colors and effects you've used certainly do provide a feeling but it would be really good to see that carried over to the structure of the design as well.

Note for future entries: Let's try to step out of the box a bit. The company is fresh, unique, and forward-looking. Forget the traditional cellular representations for this one. Try out new things, rethink existing ideas! Have fun first, then worry about making it look professional.

#14 darb

darb

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:16 PM

http://img441.images...icationsws6.jpg

Ok here is my real first entry sorry for wasting your time with the other one, I just couldnt resist.

Everyones are looking really good so far keep it up.

#15 pigbait75

pigbait75

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:39 PM

Posted Image

heres my attempt.

#16 Cmd+X

Cmd+X

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:15 PM

here is my 2nd attempt

Posted Image

#17 samisad0rk

samisad0rk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:25 AM

2nd try, I was going to post this earlier, but image shack was acting up for me.. Feedback appreciated!:D

Posted Image

#18 McGrattan

McGrattan

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:23 AM

take 2

"removed to be resized"
Laid on a Mac

#19 ashleyan19

ashleyan19

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:17 PM

Posted Image

#20 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:15 AM

Just letting everyone know that I have lots of new comments and feedback, but it took so long to write that I'll have to post it tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users