DC FaceBook Cover Image

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 mkc23

mkc23

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

Wonder if anyone is as disheartened by this contest as I am. For one it seems like there area few different DC admin that are commenting on entries which can be confusing. However Oleksandrm's comments are completely contradictory. I'm not offended at all by someone disliking my design however one comment I was told "do not try to advertise our services and features on FB cover :)" yet on the one he claims he likes the best all they do is "advertise DC servies". And when I asked what he means I never got a response. Like I said I have no problem with someone not liking my work but I find the feedback on this contest to be more frustrating than regular contests where most CH's aren't sure what they want.

Anyone else notice this?

#2 cobalt

cobalt

• Designer
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

you know, it's a community contest, it has to be something fun.You're right about the comments, It can be a bit confusing because there are different admin commenting it, but you take it too personally!
They say do not advertise because it wasn't the purpose here , they were looking for creativity ... and the one they liked the best , I think they liked how the designer played with the paintpot and the the DC logo ... not the adervisting part.

#3 arfelkaven

arfelkaven

Banned

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

who won the DC facebook cover? can you give me a link to it?

#4 cobalt

cobalt

• Designer
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

DC FaceBook Cover Image

#5 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

I agree there has been some confusion with different admin commenting....I am wondering if we should open back up and see if we can get some creative ideas flowing here. Colbalt is right on the money here about what we are looking for. We want to show off our designers creative side. We want to say this cover was designed by........

This is good adv to you the designer also because we have close to 18 thousand followers (and growing) that will see the cover you design. Facebook has strict guidelines with what is allowed and adv or call to action is not allowed.

We are talking this over today to see what we will do

Thank you EVERYBODY for your continued support of designcontest.com

Like us on facebook

#6 jctoledo

jctoledo

• Designer
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

Yup, it has been a pleasure designing a Facebook cover image for DC.....
Doesn't matter if I win or lose. What matters is, I did my share to contribute for the contest--for the love of designing
(Everyone in that contest did a great job!)

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

We are going to put the DC facebook cover contest on hold until we regroup and give our amazing group of designers better direction and examples of what we are looking for. We will resume the FB cover contest Around November. We do have an exciting community contest we will be starting this next week I can't wait to announce it and I think all designers will have fun designing this one as it will have an important special meaning .....

Like us on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users