The client keeps on receiving a flattened PSD even it has complete layers

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 DRGO

DRGO

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

Hi, I am to upload the source files of the contest where I won then I was just wondering why the client keeps on telling the PSD source file I uploaded is flattened in a single layer though I uploaded with all the layers? Is this about the exceeding of 2mb in uploading the source files?

Help me please. I don't want to disappoint the client. :(

Contest: Redesign Ugly Christmas Nav Graphics

#2 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36603 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

Drgo, it has nothing to do with 200MB uploading limit. Have you zipped the file, btw?
Far as I know, it shouldn't be flattened during the uploading, unless you did it previously in PSD. Are you sending the right file? Maybe you should check that. Try to send it to your self via e-mails, and see how will it appear.
I am speaking it from my experience, as I haven't been well organized with my files, so I've kept sending wrong ones.
I am hoping you will solve this soon.
Sorry, I don't have better advice.
:D

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Please try this... when you save the psd name it in lowercase as revision1 uglyshirt I think you might be grabbing a another file to zip or maybe the file is named the same as a flattened file? another thing you can do is make a folder for your revisions and start name the revisions differently rev1ugl anything that will be different from your other files, it will help you keep then strait also, but please remember file names are always lower case letters If this is still a problem email me the file and I will take a look at it [email protected]

Thank you

Like us on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users