like rating system

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Eirien

Eirien

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

Sometimes I see designs in a contest by other designers that I really like and that I think reflects the company in a good way. I was thinking that there should be a way to show that to the CH and the designer. My suggestion would be a like-button (not tied to Facebook), a "+"-system so that under each design there is a little box with 0, 2 or 53 likes. No negatives, just a way for designers to appreciate each others work.

It might or might not affect the CH's decision, but regardless, I think it would benefit the CH and make sure he/she gets the best design possible. When choosing a logo, the message it convey to outsiders is very important, in my opinion, so this might be a good feature for the CH as well.

And of course you shouldn't be able to like your own designs and only be able to like each design once.

#2 Mabding

Mabding

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

+1

It would be very nice feature .. :)

#3 indio

indio

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:47 AM

+1

#4 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

This feature was recently implemented with DC. If you notice at the bottom in the left-hand corner of each entry in a contest, there is a little 'thumbs up' icon and counter box. :)

#5 Eirien

Eirien

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

This feature was recently implemented with DC. If you notice at the bottom in the left-hand corner of each entry in a contest, there is a little 'thumbs up' icon and counter box. :)

I have seen that on some of the contests but not all. But it's really not the same thing, what I'm suggesting is much smaller; only for the designers and the contest holders here on DC. The like-button now is tied to a social media of your choice and maybe you don't want to tell the whole world about, it not being that big of a deal, but you still want to let the designer and contest holder know that you think a design is good. I hope I'm not to confusing.

#6 RavenPark

RavenPark

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

this is a great idea and I am going to try the thumbs up button right now.

#7 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

Oh I understand now Eirien. I think it would be a good idea if the 'like' button was also available on each designers' portfolio page. That would make it easy for designers to let another designer know that they like their work! :)

#8 RavenPark

RavenPark

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:53 AM

Hey Painted Pony just saw your Tire king logo. Really NICE! I thought I would take this chance to say I like your work since there seems to be no other way to let you know.

Best Wishes,

Ravenpark

#9 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

@RavenPark~ Oh wow - thanks so much! That is very nice to hear! I appreciate it! :) I like your entries in the TireKing contest also! Wishing you good luck with all your contests!

#10 Opheliact

Opheliact

• Designer
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

that would be great

#11 landrum75

landrum75

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

I totally agree Eirien. I would even be for a like button just for the designers. I don't want to tell everyone on my social media I liked another design and I also do not want to sway the CH into someone else design but I would love to encourage others when I see fantastic work. Many times I am so shocked at a design being eliminated and being able to make that designer feel better would be awesome.

#12 GreenSNAKE

GreenSNAKE

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:52 AM

I would be able to appreciate really nice jobs, if CH did'nt make it.

#13 cfmenz

cfmenz

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

it could sway a CHs vote though, and we are not suppose to comment on other designs. What if you could only "LIKE" entries in a contest that we do not participate in to make it more impartial?

#14 GreenSNAKE

GreenSNAKE

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

...that we do not participate in to make it more impartial?

Good idea

#15 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

It could be implemented so that only us designers could see it - then it would be completely impartial. I often see designs I like and would like to give the designer a pat on the back. I think this would be a nice feature to have and would add to the sense of community.

#16 jmaya

jmaya

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Brilliant Idea!

#17 operhal

operhal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 754 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Before we get that option I just want to say....
@ ursachio your logo for sam rhima is great! :)
  • ursachio likes this

#18 DexMind176

DexMind176

Banned

• Banned
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

How about something like this

Attached File  Untitled-1.jpg   56.23KB   81 downloads

#19 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

That's a great idea Dex. Are they the actual number of likes you've got? Could also say something like this on the profile page "DEXMIND176 - 1,000,000 likes".

#20 Eirien

Eirien

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

That's a great idea.
What I originally meant was a feature to like a particular design and not only the designer as a person, although that is another great feature.

Perhaps this could expand to an ability to send PMs with design specific quotes. Say for example that you see a design you like you could Like It as well as send a message "Really great design, your choice of color is perfect" or it could be used to give personal advise like "I like you logo, good work! Try to change the color to teal and I think it will benefit even more.".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users