A More Thorough Design Brief

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

This suggestion is geared more towards the Contest Holder’s side of operations than the designer’s, and I’m focusing more on non-logo competitions.

For the most part, I usually participate in non-logo contests, and what I’m finding is that I always have to ask the CH the same questions over and over again before I even begin to put together a design. One of those questions (the most important one in my opinion) is what type of file the CH would like to receive from the winning designer.

The CH already has options to choose and add to the brief, like “Look and feel of the project”, “Logo styles”, “Colors”, etc. It would be great if DesignContest could add a “file type” category that the CH can pick from e.g. a checkbox area with options like Photoshop (.psd), Illustrator (.ai), CorelDraw (.cdr), PDF, etc. That way, designers can set up files correctly and promptly right away.

It would save a lot of time, and it would avoid situations where designers like myself have to wait back for the CH to respond (which can be up to a day or more if they are offline)

That’s my suggestion

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

agreed, I will suggest this to the programmer for sure

Like us on facebook

#3 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

Thanks Sharie

#4 VladTodirut

VladTodirut

• Designer
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

This is indeed a good feature, but it should also have the option to pick " i don't know"
Because most of the time CHs relly on us to know what files they need, and some CH don't know what AI or PSD is.

#5 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

Good suggestion. As a rule, I generally provide CH with all the file formats that they would ever need (even if they don't know they will need it :) ). I always put together a package to include AI, EPS, PSD, PNG, PDF, JPG and TIFF.

#6 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

Good suggestion. As a rule, I generally provide CH with all the file formats that they would ever need (even if they don't know they will need it :) ). I always put together a package to include AI, EPS, PSD, PNG, PDF, JPG and TIFF.

For certain projects it's convenient to provide multiple files to the contest holder. But it's not a practical workflow for the majority of non-logo contests

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users