• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

Do you think it would be possible that when you mouse over the eliminated entry, it wouldn't be screened out so you can see what the entry looks like in full color? I always look at all the entries as well as the eliminated entries, but the eliminated ones are a little hard to see. If you can't see the eliminated ones, a designer might accidentally design a similar concept/look that the CH has already decided they don't like. It could save some time for both CH and designer.

#2 savina

savina

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 1290 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

I think it is good if you have the opportunity to make a concept that is eliminated. Sometimes there are designs with a great idea and really bad realisation. And I think most of the CH's look at a design as a whole vision and they eliminate the design if it looks bad even with a good concept in there. This way some other designer that has the same idea (he may not seen it on the eliminated entry) can make it better.

#3 landrum75

landrum75

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

Great Idea. This is such a huge help when you are new to a contest. Knowing what the CH wants is as important and knowing what they don't want.

#4 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

I agree. The design is so screened out it is hard to see colors, fonts, style and sometimes the 'Eliminated' words are right on top of the logo as well making it really hard to see.

#5 uki1993

uki1993

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

I agree this would help see the design still after its been eliminated...maybe a simple red border around it can suffice

#6 desi23

desi23

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

Can I upload one more entry when it was eliminated from the contest?

#7 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:39 AM

@desi23 - I'm not sure about that. If you have a 3 upload limit and say all 3 of your entries are eliminated, do you receive 3 more upload credits? Maybe a mod/admin can answer?...

#8 savina

savina

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 1290 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:23 AM

@desi23 - you can not upload more entries if some of them are eliminated. This is the main idea of the limit - if you make designs that are not in the CH's taste - not to spam the contest. If the CH likes your images you receive additional upload for every entry that has rating 30+. If CH wants to see more from you, you can ask the admins. When you become level 6 you won't have upload limit.

#9 operhal

operhal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 754 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

Correct me if I am wrong - but before we was able to see eliminated entries. :)

#10 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:19 PM

@operhal~ Yes, I seem to remember that when we would mouse over the eliminated entries, they were not screened back, so they were easier to see.

#11 DexMind176

DexMind176

Banned

• Banned
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

It is better the way it is right now.....

#12 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

You can still see enough of the entry that has been eliminated

Like us on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users