• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Currently, when a contest goes to review by the CH, the contest disappears from the Designers "participating contest" list. It sort of goes into limbo. If the CH abandons the contest or postpones award for months, the Designer looses the status of the contest until the Moderators make decisions. Many dead contests are still floating around with only the status of closed.

I would like to see un-awarded contests remain viewable on the Designers "participating contest" list until the actual final determination is made. Further, I would like to see contests that un-awarded and ended more clearly indicated. As of now, "closed" means both "pending" and "ended".

This leads to some confusion as to the final disposition of many contests.

Thanks

#2 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

One thing DC can do to fix this is to simply add an "abandoned" status. I don't know enough about the back-end development, but maybe 6 weeks after a contest closes, an "abandoned" status is automatically applied (and it can be disabled for certain contests if the CH needs more time). If the contest status still says closed, it should be assumed that it hasn't been 6 weeks yet and the CH is still deciding on a winner.

For the participating contest list part, what I do is just bookmark contests that I participate in. Once a winner is selected, I unbookmark the contest page

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

development is in the works on this, We are in the process of reworking site features to better aid you in the contests you have entered.

Like us on facebook

#4 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

Bookmarking is a solution, but other very large crowd source design sites do not make the designer do this.
When do you decide to remove a bookmark if a winner is not selected?
Active successful designers like HappyGD must have a whole lot of bookmarks.

The true status of aging contests is only known by the moderators.

The natural status of a contest should be immediately, transparently, available to contestants.

#5 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:56 PM

Bookmarking is a solution, but other very large crowd source design sites do not make the designer do this.
When do you decide to remove a bookmark if a winner is not selected?
Active successful designers like HappyGD must have a whole lot of bookmarks.

The true status of aging contests is only known by the moderators.

The natural status of a contest should be immediately, transparently, available to contestants.

I don't really participate in too many contests so the bookmark numbers aren't that drastic. But for those who do participate a lot, it would be nice to have everything organized here on site.

#6 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:42 PM

Right now, I usually just copy and paste the url for each contest I enter into a separate text file that I leave in my 'DC' file folder, so I don't have to deal with adding/deleting bookmarks. Once the contest has a winner, I delete that url out of my text file - so it is easy to see which contests are still open, pending, etc.

Looking forward to the new feature! :)

#7 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:37 AM

nuf said DC!
PaintedPony is one of the best designers on the site.
Do you want to make this exercise continue, fix this?!

#8 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:18 AM

Oh, thanks Herbert! :) Hopefully the new feature will be implemented soon! :)

#9 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

Great thread Herbert!

It's fantastic to hear this feature is under development :)

I bookmark too but sometimes when you enter a lot of contests it can become a bit of a bind keeping track of them.

#10 jafrif

jafrif

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

Yes this feature will be very useful to add.I want to suggest here that the contest can be shown in contest list of the designer for say 1 to 2 weeks. In this way if the contest is not announcing winner in this time, it would not populated the contest list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users