store

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 galib1992ict

galib1992ict

• Designer
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

It would be great if there is a Design store in DC where designers will sell their design template. It's most likely Logo store ni 99designs.

#2 intechnology

intechnology

• Designer
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:30 AM

I would suggest also withdraw button not just the 5min delete option but withdraw button anytime. Would that be possible?

#3 galib1992ict

galib1992ict

• Designer
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:29 AM

Didn't understand what are you saying

#4 Meow

Meow

• Designer
  • 442 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

LOL. It had no relation to your thread.

Anyway, a design store is a nice idea. Maybe non-winning designs would be automatically placed to the store (with the designer's permission). There's probably thousands/millions (@_@) of unused great designs in this site.

Edited by Meow, 20 April 2014 - 01:18 PM.

#5 intechnology

intechnology

• Designer
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

Didn't understand what are you saying

maybe you have not been to other contest sites thats why..

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

A DC design store is something that has been talked about. Non winning designs can not simply be moved over to a design store. Designers would need to make changes to the design first making the design generic with no company name or a made up name. Designers would need to choose...do I want to use this design myself in some other contest or do I want to sell it in a design store. If the design is a design store that design can't be entered into a contest as well.

It is an idea we have talked about though

Like us on facebook

#7 galib1992ict

galib1992ict

• Designer
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

Sold design would be modified by designer within 2 or three days.

#8 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

Sold design would be modified by designer within 2 or three days.

I don't think you understand, The client of non winning designs do not want their company name on a design for sale in a store even if it is for 2 days or 365 days..... Would you want your company name on a design that is not your logo being offered for sale?

Several things come into play here

1. Non winning designs are still owned by the designer
2. Designer doesn't own the company name
3. You can't offer a design for sale with a company name on it unless it is a made up name or it says "Your company"

Knowing these things is why "non" winning designs can't be offered for direct sale to general public in store here at DC. The design can stay the same but company name would need to be changed, this would not be immediate or auto as the designer would need to make these changes. Once changes have been made then maybe that design could go into a store.

The other thing to consider some non winning designs "should not" be in a store as the caliber or quality of the design is not what should be represented.

A great deal of thought would need to go into this store idea

Like us on facebook

#9 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

How about we make a generic design and if a client want it then it goes to 1-on-1. I really hope you consider the store; I don't want to sell a DC design on 99 store!

#10 galib1992ict

galib1992ict

• Designer
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

How about we make a generic design and if a client want it then it goes to 1-on-1. I really hope you consider the store; I don't want to sell a DC design on 99 store!

Agree with you

#11 darkobovan

darkobovan

• Designer
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

Any answer on this question? Sometimes I would like to withdraw some proposal, but it's not possible. :(

I would suggest also withdraw button not just the 5min delete option but withdraw button anytime. Would that be possible?

#12 darkobovan

darkobovan

• Designer
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

Thanks for great explanation!

I don't think you understand, The client of non winning designs do not want their company name on a design for sale in a store even if it is for 2 days or 365 days..... Would you want your company name on a design that is not your logo being offered for sale?

Several things come into play here

1. Non winning designs are still owned by the designer
2. Designer doesn't own the company name
3. You can't offer a design for sale with a company name on it unless it is a made up name or it says "Your company"

Knowing these things is why "non" winning designs can't be offered for direct sale to general public in store here at DC. The design can stay the same but company name would need to be changed, this would not be immediate or auto as the designer would need to make these changes. Once changes have been made then maybe that design could go into a store.

The other thing to consider some non winning designs "should not" be in a store as the caliber or quality of the design is not what should be represented.

A great deal of thought would need to go into this store idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users