• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 dbenton25

dbenton25

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

Hey guys,

please take a couple minutes to check out my online portfolio of mixed digital media at here. I'd love some crits and comments or just general feedback.

Thank you all,

Dave:cool:
David Benton:cool:
Creative Digital Media Solutions
PO Box 53, Prides Crossing, MA 01965
TEL: 978.927.0793

#2 mayapillai88

mayapillai88

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:08 AM

just checked out you website. it's pretty neat i must say. :D
and you have a lot of different logos. i can see nothing stagnant about your designs!
nice work!

#3 dbenton25

dbenton25

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

Thanks so much for the kind and encouraging words. I tried to access your profile, but the system shut me ot. Do you have an online portfolio too?

Thanks again,

just checked out you website. it's pretty neat i must say. :D
and you have a lot of different logos. i can see nothing stagnant about your designs!
nice work!

#4 dbenton25

dbenton25

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:39 PM

I found your portfolio and it's awesome! Keep up the great work and good luck here at designcontest.com

Thanks so much for the kind and encouraging words. I tried to access your profile, but the system shut me ot. Do you have an online portfolio too?

Thanks again,

#5 mayapillai88

mayapillai88

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:32 PM

I found your portfolio and it's awesome! Keep up the great work and good luck here at designcontest.com

thanks its really not much though.
im trying to make it better. :D

#6 NancyCarter

NancyCarter

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 827 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:54 PM

I enjoy your work! Awesome. I especially like the designnerd logo!

:)

Happy Monday!
Blessings,
Nancy

www.NancyCarterDesign.com

#7 ArtHobbes115

ArtHobbes115

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:04 PM

Your website is great! Its pretty easy to navigate, and I especially like that when you're viewing a project you can move around to see different areas.
Your work is impressive too, very strong.

#8 asassat2

asassat2

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:12 PM

i really like the flash in ur website. great attention to details! good job!

#9 suh00ail00

suh00ail00

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:13 AM

nice work ! i really like it !
http://www.suhails.com/ - In Creativity We Trust â„¢
http://www.suhails.com/blog/ - Official graphic design Blog
http://www.getyourreview.com - Online Review and previews for Nintendo DS and PSP

#10 Winter artwork

Winter artwork

• Designer
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:21 PM

love the choice of annifont (one of my favorite fonts)

the stars look great but they don't tie into anything on the page...I'd lose 'em

Great portfolio...I especially enjoyed the logos/corp ID section

#11 mklickman

mklickman

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:25 PM

Ok, all I can say is wow... I'm taking a flash course in school right now and the programming and organization of your site is astounding. Your design work is really good, too, your logos show a lot of versatility and awareness of current trends. Good work.

#12 Logo2Die4

Logo2Die4

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:31 AM

Hi,

I really like your website. It looks very professional, and loads-up really fast for such an elaborate Flash site. You mention that you have web design experience in your resume, but you don't show any web design work in your gallery. If you have web design work, I would definitely include it. Also, I am concerned about your 2 page resume. I have been consulted many times by my career advisers that 2 page resumes are a “No-No”. You can very easily shrink it down to one page; there are many duplicated references that can be stated just once (e.g. Four years experience, Coordination, Winning Entry, etc.). I have also been told that it is not necessary to mention Microsoft Office, because if you work as a computer designer, it is consider a given that you know Microsoft Office. I hope this helps.

#13 JNT86

JNT86

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:36 PM

this looks great, wish i could do web design this well. one thing is i would lose the peter gabriel. feels kinda wierd to be looking at a logo portfolio with soft 80s prog rock in the background. if you do music at all, i would do something non offensive but modern. clients are looking for a new logo to modernize their image, so maybe some soft techno or hip hop instrumentals or even world music would be appropriate.

#14 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:30 PM

Looks good but I am not fond of the navigation because it was hard to find and dont have a button back to main page.

#15 DreamSky

DreamSky

• Designer
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

Actually, there is a button back to the main page (right next to the My Resum button) but it seems that it doesn't work - at least it didn't when I tried to use it.

Dave, I really like both your portfolio and your site. I should repeat one of the opinions above: great attention to the details!
It seems that you are a versatile designer, one that is good in many fields - that is not very easy to find (and even harder to become one). Keep up with your good work!

#16 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:04 AM

I think the actual link to get the flash player on the splash page is a nice thing. Now everyone presumes that all users have flash installed. I liked some of the logos. The sites in the portfolio are decent, but could be better. The vector illustrations are quite nice. The actual site is a script I think. I had it installed a few years ago on one of my sites. Nice portfolio overall...:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users