&nsbp;

#1 ep2002

ep2002

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:40 PM

Hi all,

I am about to launch this forum/MB, & it's a designed template.

There seems to be too much blue for me & it also kind of looks hard to read (the white area).

Do you agree, & can you suggest any other colours or changes you think I should make.

http://www.jobboardforwriters.com/

Thanks a ton :)

Michelle
P.S. Some more images are being placed or replaced, but the board is ready to go if you guys wish to sign up.

P.P.S. I'm NOT a designer, I'm a netrepreneur

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:12 PM

Looks good but the list is too long. Would be better to make better use of sub pages for certain sections. Might look much better that way. Also some pictures would do wonders, cause it bit too empty and too much text.

#3 ep2002

ep2002

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:28 PM

k, to make them sub folders would make it look terrible I'm told & a lot of work to get it to look nice.

As for images, we already have icons & a new image at the top. Not sure where else you think there should be images.

Thanks

Michelle

#4 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:59 AM

More difference between the icons for each catagorie. Or next to each header of each section so it is less repeating.

A mainpage for introduction would be better instead of using intro in the upper banner cause it is now repeating in each section. Or it would be better if the banner changes for each section so it is all different and give info about each section. Also would rather see a much bigger and pleasant picture in the banner than a big chunk of text. Should have a small text that is enough to catch attention.

#5 Needforname

Needforname

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:29 AM

I would center everything. Everything on the white background looks awesome. Very neat and clean. The area over the blue background needs some work. It feels off centered. Maybe consider a logo? Maybe have quick links at the top so the user doesn't have to scroll down so far to find what they are looking for. Rather than having to redo everything, this may be a work around. Just my point of view. So what do you use to do this type of site anyway? I'm more of a graphics guy. I need to figure the forum, blog aspect to web design.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users