abstract advice art feedbak opinion

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 cmolina84

cmolina84

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:18 AM

Just wanted to know what you guys think about this piece. It's digital art, I love abstracts. Would love to know what pops into your head when you see it.
CM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:05 PM

I'd suggest posting it Works In Progress - Design Contest Forums

maybe one of the mods can move it for you.

OK so now about the piece. I find it difficult to critique an abstract simply because there really isn't any wrong way to do it. I like the colors and the background images aren't overwelming. The one thing I dislike is the leg/butt area where the arm passes it. the leg looks cut off as well as the butt/thigh? just makes it look odd to me. it'd be kinda cool if they twisted togeather like some tree's do at times? just kinda playing off the theam you have w/ the hand on the thrid arm.

#3 cmolina84

cmolina84

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:53 PM

Yeah...the leg bothers everyone, I will try making them twist, will post it when it's done. Thank you for the feedback I was thinking of putting more intense colors but I think your right, it makes it less overwhelming to see so many shapes together.
CM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:28 PM

moved the thread to finished work showcase!

#5 cmolina84

cmolina84

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

moved the thread to finished work showcase!

Thanks...and sorry still learning my way through the site :)
CM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

no problem. Feel free to show more of your work, but don't forget to provide feedback to others too! :)

#7 Euphoria

Euphoria

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:49 PM

I quite like it, it's a really unusual style, which is something I like to see. One thing to consider would be lighting - as a whole it could feel more cohesive if you have a consistent light source, though as this is an abstract piece it's not really a problem.
Please take the time to visit my portfolio and PM me with any feedback!

#8 mikefortuna

mikefortuna

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:39 AM

cool stuff, love the hair...

#9 Drokho

Drokho

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:25 PM

Yeah, good stuff. I like that you left off the mouth, it really makes the subject a mystery.

#10 ArtfulAmbitions

ArtfulAmbitions

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:30 PM

I love how fluid it all feels over all- I agree with the feedback about the leg. Very cool- I like it.

#11 shefshef019

shefshef019

• Designer
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:37 PM

Very nice! I love the choice of subdued colors and way the picture seems like it's flowing. I agree with Coy, the leg area looks a little awkward. Other than that, I think it's a great piece :)
Designs by Jenna Sheffler: Professional portfolio
Design Intervention: Freelance graphic and web design
Technicolor Carnival: One-of-a-kind handmade jewelry and gifts

#12 alryts

alryts

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:30 PM

great work i feel you bro.. but i believe this is surrealism not abstract ;)

#13 morganjames

morganjames

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:59 PM

it looks good. I'm not sure what it is supposed to be. the legs and hands are the weird parts.

#14 aabeeroy

aabeeroy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:22 AM

this is nice work the initial impression that I got is that she is a tree or a part of it, but i think you need to make it a bit more obvious for some to know. maybe some twine swirling around from her legs coming up to her waist her hands maybe needs something more. the face is great without the lips that is perfect.

#15 AXEL89

AXEL89

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:55 AM

it looks original, maybe improve shadows ut that depends on what you wanna show. It's not realistic, so you're free to use the technic as u wish, btw what did you use?

#16 ray of light

ray of light

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:38 PM

The first thought that came into my head when I saw this picture was that this girl represents a plant,a very beatiful one,that suffers because of the enviroment.Those tears of blood mean the sadness of not being able to develop and remain as beautiful as it can be, because of the agressive environment that people have created, most of their work harming the nature. It's made like a blond , good looking girl to make people understand that in her green world, she is as much important as a person that the people appreciate and care about.
I find it very subtile and interesting...a lot can be said about this picture, but the most important thing is that you achieved to send a message trough that picture, even if my interpretation isn't the right one.
This is the most important goal in abstract representation, to make people create their on ideas and scripts, by offering them a hint . :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: abstract, advice, art, feedbak, opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users