• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 asankaw

asankaw

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:58 AM

Hi everyone, I 'm web designer. I'd like to get comments about my website & my previous projects.

Please check out and review my website!

#2 aabeeroy

aabeeroy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

saw your web page designs few of them are good. The swimming and the life saving one is nice. Just a suggestion you need to overhaul your web page as well.

#3 HippieFaerie

HippieFaerie

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:40 AM

Oh! I really love your designs I'm a Web Designer too but I know I still have a lot to learn. I only think that you should make your site a little more attractive, because you have to show your customers what you can do even if they don't look at your gallery. That is the only thing I have to say, I truly admire your work! ;)

#4 asankaw

asankaw

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:50 AM

Thank u 4 ur suggestions. I'll update my site soon.

#5 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:33 AM

Just a suggestion but if you want to put an intro video have a static page first that gives the option of skipping the intro. Don't just have it jump straight into it... I forgot I had my sound on and the noise made me jump about 5 feet in the air :) That being said its a great video and the website is pretty decent. I would also make your gallery a bit easier to find. I would never think, as a client, to click "references" to view your work. Anyways just a few thoughts!

#6 aabeeroy

aabeeroy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:50 AM

have a look at my portfolio. Its a free website.
Let me know what you all think.
Abhijeet Sinharoy 3D artist
Thanks

#7 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:53 AM

have a look at my portfolio. Its a free website.
Let me know what you all think.
Abhijeet Sinharoy 3D artist
Thanks

Hey aabeeroy if you want us to crit. your portfolio start your own thread :)

#8 elp

elp

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:40 PM

Yea the intro is fine, but the fonts on the front page are a little too small and hard to read, plus the page looks too busy and with too much information, really try and simplify the page and take away some of the movement, and definitely change the font. But thats just me.

#9 jiaix

jiaix

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:59 PM

intros are bad and the page is noisy

#10 Rage of Reason

Rage of Reason

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:27 AM

Hi everyone, I 'm web designer. I'd like to get comments about my website & my previous projects.

Please check out and review my website!

I agree with elp here. Your team obviously has enough skills, but they should be applied in a different way. If you want to showcase your flash skills do it in your portfolio, not in an intro (which I skip by default) or in the header of your home page, which distracts away from the (too) modest type text. The Northwestmarineboat and the museum page do not work in FX and IE; perhaps because of maintenance (if so put up a notification). Non-working pages are bad self promotion. Also have a good copywriter take a look at your texts - I think a lot could be done in that department. These are suggestions to improve from my point of view, bearing in mind that most of your targeted customers will be somewhat consevative business people who have responsability for their company. Best of luck with your business.

Edited by Rage of Reason, 15 November 2009 - 10:29 AM.

#11 rapanui

rapanui

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:32 AM

Just a suggestion but if you want to put an intro video have a static page first that gives the option of skipping the intro. Don't just have it jump straight into it... I forgot I had my sound on and the noise made me jump about 5 feet in the air

I have to agree with Rockhart, if someone was accessing your site from a public place, the sound would probably make them close the browser window straight away and it is a shame because they wouldn't even have a chance to see your skills. The intro animation is very nice and I think it would be a great piece in your portfolio. Also you might consider using more negative space to make your site breathe a bit more. Form a user point of view it feels like we are overwhelmed with information and people may therefore not take the time to read it.

I would also make your gallery a bit easier to find. I would never think, as a client, to click "references" to view your work.

Your work is very good and like Rockhart, I would also tend to make it easier to access and maybe showcase a few samples on the main page of the site, so the user really gets a feel of what you do straight from the start. These are just a few suggestions and take from it what you will. Other than that nice site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users