&nsbp;

#1 silentarts

silentarts

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:23 PM

Hey guys,

Please critique my work and let me know what I have and what I am missing...

I know it is pretty basic things, but please also advise me on things to do or books to read up on and stuff like that...

Thanks

Click here

#2 rapanui

rapanui

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:40 AM

Nice work. For the actual work, I would tend to use less decorative fonts, which don't always fit the design. I would also making your gradients a little more subtle so they are not clearly visible but still produce a nice effect. I would say the same for the shading, it is often too strong, maybe you could reduce the opacity of the drop shadow, or add more blur to make it more realistic. I really like the main "Silent Arts" logo with all the different elements. The Realm logo with the T and the red R is nice but I would drop or at least strongly reduce the opacity of the outer glow. Remember the key to design is "less is more" so try not overload your creations with fonts and effects, sometimes the simpler is the best.
I really like the design of the main page of your site, but I think it is lacking a nice clear navigation bar. Also it would be nice if the user could click directly on your creations from the main page. Last but not least, I would also add links to live sites whenever possible.
These are a few points to work on, which I feel would improve your site. This is just my humble opinion so take no offence in my comments whatsoever and take from it what you will. Other than that it's a pretty cool portfolio site. All the best for the future and don't be afraid to push your own boundaries and try out different things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users