City, State
    ~Night's Heart~

Smile My PoRtFoLiO ..Need ur opinion & critique

hello every one
    this is a link to my portfolio..i uploaded all the finished work i have to it today..would like to see what do u think !!
    My portfolio

my one & only problem is that i use a simple vector program that doesn't hold a candle to illustrator SO i can't express myself the way i do all the times..but i'm trying..and this is only temporary ..bcuz i'm buying illustrator..just waiting for it to be delivered

so, looking forward to see everyone sharing ur opinon with me..thank u
    regards,
    Selma

City, State
    Pennsylvania

I love all of them. My favorites would have to be 231,234, and 236.

City, State
    ~Night's Heart~

Quote Originally Posted by Llamalord View Post
    I love all of them. My favorites would have to be 231,234, and 236.

Thank u so much.

City, State
    ~Night's Heart~

still have some work in progress that i'd like to share when it's done..

Coy
    City, State
    TEXAS

Finally got around to looking at your portfolio.
    some creative stuff in there, you defenatly have some talent. I think you still need some overall work to do, but you are on the right track.
    I'd suggest studding a little about typography (this is also my week area). There are some links in the designer chit chat area. I'll get a link in a minute.

EDIT: http://www.designcontest.com/forum/d...raphy-you.html

City, State
    ~Night's Heart~

@ coy: thank u very much i know is still have alot to learn ..and the program i'm using is really holding me down..X(
    and i checked ur thread..& i found some very important links in there..really nice effort of u..i wish i have more available books about designing . bcuz i always get confused learning form the internet .

City, State
    Stockholm

Hi, I took a look at your Portfolio, u've done some interesting works, I really like the n 240, really creative idea!!!I think the No. 236 is also really nice, in my opinion you should try to make the word "women wear" not to exceed the width of the borders of the blue square.
    Anyway u've got a talent!
    regards, Dany

City, State
    SA

You're coming along there.
    It was great to see the gradual improvement of you own logo. From your first concept to your third, which in my opinion looks 100 times better than your first.
    #240 Is very effective and clever.
    #232 I think would have looked a little better if you used one gradient for each word rather than two different gradients in each word.

Good Work!
    Last edited by aset; 03-25-2010 at 06:19 AM.

City, State
    ~Night's Heart~

@ lele7design: ty so much i really like that one to #240 . & thanks for ur idea about #236..i should really use ur advise & opinions it's really helpful

@ aset: ty ty for all the nice words ..i know angel logo came along way since the first one..i posted them all to notice my own progress .
    yea..and #232 was just an exercise..i know it needs more work
    & in general i still have A LOT to learn.
    thank u
    oh..and BTW i saw ur entries in the easter egg contest !! REALLY loved the one hidden in the grass XD ..very creative as well

ty all

City, State
    Alexandria

nice work, Honestly I consider it not a professional design yet. But as coy says you're going on the right direction. and your colors combination are good to me, I'm not a logo designer so i'm talking as a regular (user/client). Well keep it up the good work xD

-Amr

City, State
    ~Night's Heart~

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenZ View Post
    nice work, Honestly I consider it not a professional design yet. But as coy says you're going on the right direction. and your colors combination are good to me, I'm not a logo designer so i'm talking as a regular (user/client). Well keep it up the good work xD

-Amr
    hey Amr
    yea i know..i don't consider me a professional designer either (yet) ..but i'm learning & the vector based program i use (not illustrator) & (not full featured ) gives me hard time do any design..i use photoshop way better than that..but sadly i can't use it to make vector designs.
    i'm waiting for illustrator package to arrive to me any minute now..but tell then i'm tied to this X( X( X( program.."i'm not fully blaming the program thou.. but it's the biggest real problem i face now
    ty for ur comment ..i really appreciate all the opinion

Apprentice Designer

nice, your portfolio reminds me a lot of designcontest.com for some reason

Thread Information