• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 agplonski

agplonski

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:24 PM

When i look around DC and go into others portfolios or there company website they have a contact and also a pricelist of how much for say a logo or website- ive started to make my website and i was wondering if i sould put a pricelist/ and if it has helped anyone else- and if you get alot of buesiness from your site any kind of advice is greatly appreciated
Knowledge is power

#2 tsmith

tsmith

• Designer
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:39 PM

god no, do not put a price list. i find myself telling people this all too often. while local mom and pop shops may find this attractive, as they are not keen on price negotiation, larger businesses who can offer more will not take you seriously. there are just too many factors going into every design you do to have set prices. i've learned from this mistake first hand.

simply state that prices are up for negotiation upon receiving a complete run down on what will be going into the site.

#3 agplonski

agplonski

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:46 PM

so when making my website what do u suggest I put in it?
Knowledge is power

#4 Logo2Die4

Logo2Die4

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:04 AM

You should provide previous design work as images or flash documents (whichever feels more comfortable). Showcase the type of work you will be offering. A small bio is recommended and your resume.

#5 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:42 AM

So I guess in the end it depends on who you're targeting with your portfolio :)

#6 tsmith

tsmith

• Designer
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:45 AM

so when making my website what do u suggest I put in it?

There are MANY various kinds of personal portfolios/websites. What is the main purpose of your site? Are you trying to expand your client base? Are you just trying to make some money fast? Are you trying to build your portfolio?

Think about these, and when you realize which one, ask yourself what your target audience will be. Is your local area known for any attractions, etc? Use these things to make visitors feel at home and comfortable with what you're offering. You have to be unique and straight forward.

I can go on and on about this, so if you think you need some more direction feel free to pm me with some info regarding the above mentioned advice and I'll gladly help you get on the right path.

Edit: hehe, looks like I was beaten to the punch : ) Walked away for a phone call and by the time I am back 2 new responses. Awesome !

#7 agplonski

agplonski

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:46 AM

for anyone who has a website do any of you get contacts about logo design alot or is it a few a month or a year
Knowledge is power

#8 tsmith

tsmith

• Designer
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:52 AM

It depends how you market yourself. I stick almost solely to just content design with slight graphic endeavors so of course I receive few logo requests, if any, since most of my work has the logo included.

#9 BuffetofMan

BuffetofMan

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:22 PM

Portfolios always are a great thing to have. Especially a physical portfolio with lots of time and effort put into it.

#10 blazehd

blazehd

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:37 PM

Price should depend on the type of logo desired. Just put up a contact link for a free price quote. Ask various questions and formulate a price for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users