Best way,

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 ThtKidRyan

ThtKidRyan

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

What is the best way to input hand-drawn design's? I have thought of a couple way's, and can't decide on which is better.

One, draw a design on paper and then scan it into the computer and open it in Illustrator. Then use different tools to trace your design. Or,

Two, get one of those touch thing's where you use a pen on a touch screen that is connected to the computer and it transfers your movement onto the computer. That way you can use the pencil tool to design your design.

If you have any other alternatives please post them, if not please give feedback. Thanks.

#2 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:02 AM

i use the first option since the second is not available choice for me!! but i guess it's a very good way to use the totch screen!

#3 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

are you talking about just getting art on paper to digital? Or making hand-drawn art digitally? I have a wacom tablet and draw nearly everything in Illustrator. I know a lot of guys that just ink their sketches, scan into photoshop to "clean up" and then autotrace in Illustrator. Either way you end up with vector artwork.

In my opinion, Wacom tablets are the way to go - you can find used ones pretty cheap and they don't really get phased out. I'm still using a 6x8 Wacom Intuos2 that I got in 2002. I do all of my "blue lines" in Illustrator on one layer, then make a new layer on top and redraw as finished.

#4 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

I have been using my bamboo wacom tablet for at least 3+ years now. But I've noticed for me that it's easier to hand draw it and then trace it in illustrator. My tablet is mainly used as a super mouse pad.

#5 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

Also with tablets they don't have a pencil to paper feel and you can't rotate the tablet to draw your image.

#6 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

I have been using my bamboo wacom tablet for at least 3+ years now. But I've noticed for me that it's easier to hand draw it and then trace it in illustrator. My tablet is mainly used as a super mouse pad.

Yeah, I don't think I'd use anything "less" than an Intuos - I've used a Wacom Graphire a few times and it doesn't have the sensitivity that the Intuos does.

Also - the Intuos's drawing surface has a little more "tooth" than the Bamoo or graphire, so it feels a little more natural. When I did have to use the Graphire, I taped a piece of cardstock over the drawing area so that it had a little more texture/catch.

I'm a full-time illustrator/designer and I haven't touched a mouse in 10+ years.

#7 Beiken

Beiken

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

actually, in Photoshop CS5 they have added a rotate function.

#8 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

I am thinking of buying a tablet but a little dumb about what I need, what to look for and how the whole tablet thing works.

For example; if I draw a horse, a very detailed horse using this tablet, is that drawing in illustrator or do I import the drawing, where is the drawing that I have done on the tablet? Does the drawing have to be redrawn in illustrator or photoshop?

Like us on facebook

#9 lucy520

lucy520

Banned

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

I like this job · · he bring feeling is great · ·Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users