• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

Just wondering, how did everyone choose their screen name and avatar?

My screen name is PaintedPony which is short for my graphic design studio name - Painted Pony Studios. I own American Paint horses and chose that name as the word 'Painted' could also imply art/design. A Painted Pony is also a name given to a carousel horse. A lot of them were originally hand-carved and hand-painted - a true art in itself.

My avatar is of course a photo of me with one of my Paint horses named Triple Painted Elegance. She goes by the name Ellie and has eyes as blue as the Carolina sky.

It's fun getting to meet such talented designers from around the world.
Please share the meaning behind your screen name and avatar photo.
Is it a nickname? Your business name? Funny story behind it?

#2 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hi PaintedPony!
Nice reasoning :) .. and
:-) Nice topic.

My nickname is short for Julio J. Yepez .. wich is my name of course .. jjyepez is easier to remember and more global than Julio IMO :)

My avatar is the most unoriginal and non-unique ever :p from Home | FaceYourManga ..
I was just testing the site and immediatly liked the very simple yet similar to myself resulting avatar that I just adopted and spread it all over the web :-) ...

It's simple but I like it very much ...
It's so much fun! Everybody says that it is soooo similar to me (perhaps not so true but ..)! I always laugh a lot because of that.

Recently I customized my avatar by changing the tee and accesories ... now "I" wear the "LA VINOTINTO" (national soccer team) t-shirt and the "LA VINOTINTO" soprting hat, which somehow represents the national sporting spirit plus union and brotherhood of us venezuelans :-) ..

Kind regards and success!
--
jjyepez

PS: actual photo supressed :p

Edited by jjyepez, 07 August 2012 - 06:42 AM.

#3 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Hi Julio! Nice to meet you! :)

Thanks for sharing. I like your avatar - thanks for sharing the website also. I think I will have to make an avatar for myself! You have a great portfolio with awesome design work!

#4 Lau

Lau

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

Hello PaintedPony! Hola jjyepez! Nice to meet you both!
My nickname is short for Laura, my friends call me "lau", and I guess unconsciously wanted to make friends here :p
My avatar is my "hero" since young, a cartoon character called Mafalda, very political, always trying to save the world, funny in a sarcastic way, and the old jokes can still apply for todays society! Some things never change. Thats my story behind the cute drawing of Mafalda, I like what she stands for, sarcastically... :)

#5 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

Hi all...My username is Morabira...it is acronym of my full name "Mohd Razali bin Mohamad Raub"
I can do logo for others but I have problem finding mine...so, my avatar is based on idea from my friend.....why not?...straight to the point and rarely used by people this day...hehe

Lau..I thought you're Chinese before this..hehe

Edited by morabira, 06 August 2012 - 05:26 AM.

#6 Lau

Lau

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

Hi morabira! Ha ha! I'm actually a mixture of todays world, I was born in Argentina, but I'm from italian/english descent, married with a puertorrican where I live now! And thats only the beginning! je!

• Guests

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Resurepus come from Latin. That's how in Ancient Rome they used to call the administrators of ancient computer networks.

yeah, and there is another reading. backwards.

#8 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

resurepus = super user...That is brilliant

#9 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

Hi there Lau, morabira and resurepus! Everyone has such cool screen names and avatars - It's really fun to see how creative people think!

@resurepus - what a cool double meaning!

#10 thereeds92

thereeds92

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Howdy! My name is thereeds92. Thereeds is my last name...Reed. the Reeds 92 is because my husband played college ball and his number was 92. If he never played at UNLV, I would have never met him and would never have our amazing family! So 92 is a very important number in our life. :)

My avatar is of myself and my son when he was 3 years old....he is now 6. Loved this age as he was so innocent, before pre-k, and as happy as can be. Love him more everyday...but the day this pic was snapped it made me realize I need to transfer my artwork electronically...and here I am today.

Pleasure to meet y'all!!

Dina

#11 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Hey Dina~ Nice to meet you! Cool story - thanks for sharing! :)

#12 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hello all, nice stories behind your names and avatars, :)
Specially, resurepus really cool both ways !!!

for me, there's an arabic song that meant alot to me that carries a similar meaning , and also lots of people tell me (you are such an angel) and stuff.. as i always try to help & be nice to them :rolleyes: so this is how it sticked with me..

but when my friends want to drive me crazy, the call me ( like an angle) :mad::mad:

for the pic , it doesn't say much..just my name in a font that i like :D

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#13 nlroop

nlroop

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

Hey Everyone,

This is a great post!! I always love to see the different names and Avatars on here. My name is Naomi and nlroop is just my initials and the last four letters of my last name. My Avatar is a picture of a girl that I created when I was first learning how to play with Adobe Illustrator in one of my college Graphic Design Courses and then I added some realistic hair in Photoshop. It was just a random project that I was playing around with that I ended up liking so I figured I would use it for my Avatar when I signed up for this website.

It's great to meet so many wonderful and talented designers!

-Naomi

#14 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:12 AM

Hi there Like an Angel and nlroop! Nice to meet you! Cool stories about your names and avatars. We're learning some really interesting info about us all! :)

#15 rjsirc

rjsirc

• Designer
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

hi everyone!

my name is Cris. form my nick rjsirc. then JR is my best bud's name. =D
my avatar shows my tattoo. its a barcode.

nice meeting you guys

#16 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

That's a very creative tattoo Cris:)

#17 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

Hi rjsirc! Nice to meet you and what a cool tattoo! :)

#18 Arzoo

Arzoo

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

Hello :)
Great topic to talk about :p

Well I downloaded this avatar while browsing internet and when I put it up as my DP on Facebook, my all friends were like "Is This you? She has this uncanny resemblance with you" and stuff.
So I though to use it here as well :p

And my screen name is my original name

#19 rjsirc

rjsirc

• Designer
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

thanks morabira and PaintedPony =D

nice metting you Arzoo

#20 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Hi Arzoo - nice to meet you. How cool that you found an illustration that resembles you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inspiring web design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users