portfolio

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 CaitlynCiboro

CaitlynCiboro

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

I will be graduating this spring and would like to discuss what makes a good portfolio?

#2 Elijah

Elijah

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

Not copying other peoples designs to start...

#3 nvillegas

nvillegas

• Designer
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

I've been in this industry for almost 9 years now and I still don't have an updated portfolio. Tried doing those free online portfolio but haven't updated them since. Every time i go for a job interview, i just bring some of my actual work eg. Magazines, brochures, posters etc. BUt it is WISE my friend to make a nice looking portfolio that you can always present to your clients or prospect employer. I'm planning of creating my own web portfolio. Good luck friend.

#4 fazdlisham

fazdlisham

Banned

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:49 AM

Put all your artwork in online portfolio, so people can see it from every inch in this world. doesn't matter it is sold design or not.

#5 DesignByLenny

DesignByLenny

• Designer
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

Hi All,

I think that it would be a good idea to collect your best designs and put them in a portfolio.
It makes better impression on employers. You show them that you put the time and energy to
present yourself in a respectful way.

#6 Amezarak

Amezarak

• Designer
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

Last time i used a portafolio was... over 5 years ago...

I have a cool-sleek-looking portafolio, similar to the one a photographer might have, its quite big, around 17x17'', once oppened i have a lot of space to show off some stuff, i printed some of the best work in a booklet style with big images and added a brief description to each important job...

I also arranged it, first by timeline, then by theme (editorial, publicity, flyers, logos, print, web, etc.)

Need to update it, i began to... in february!... dang!

#7 BenONE37

BenONE37

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

One thing I have noticed about designers portfolios is that they're too 'over the top'. Just because you're a designer doesn't mean you have to throw every effect onto your portfolio to prove it. An employee with experience wont look twice. Keep it simple, not Microsoft word simple, just simple :) show your layout and typography skills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users