CH are way to picky

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 vet87usaf

vet87usaf

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

just spent two hours on two designs, 10 minutes later, bam, eliminated by contest holder...and the other designs are no better.....see this happen over and over again to other designers too. Anyone any thoughts?

#2 PinkCherryGD

PinkCherryGD

• Designer
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

I've also seen some amazing designs being eliminated.:eek:
I guess the CH has a certain image in his/her mind and does not matter how good the design is, if it does not meet the criteria they want... boom bang.. eliminated we will be :rolleyes:

#3 vet87usaf

vet87usaf

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

You are very right....I think is safe to say (although I don't like to criticize) most of the CH have absolutely no taste when I comes to design. The describe some wonderful idea they might have in their brief and then end up given the winning design to some logo that has been done over and over again. I guess some people just like polyester and not cotton…bit scary though.

#4 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36601 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

I guess some people just like polyester and not cotton….

I like this quote!
:D

#5 vet87usaf

vet87usaf

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Thanks Babba, I dont really mean to knock the CH, its the same thing with everything that is choosen visually. For example, my wife helps people decorate their homes and sometimes they will ask me advice about color for their walls or maybe carpeting. There are times that what I suggest and what they end up picking are completely opposite of each other. In other words most people have no idea what works with color or what doesnt work and end up picking a very bad color. It all comes down to what people like and dont like....we all have different tastes.

#6 VladTodirut

VladTodirut

• Designer
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

It is painful indeed when you see a good design go to waste, may it be ur's or a fellow designer. A lot of times i find myself saying in my head, "pfff the other design was 10 times better, idk why you picked that one"
But as you said it's a matter of taste.
It's good to learn how to mold yourself around the ch's tastes, but be careful not to ruin your own style.

All the best in future contests.

#7 yjoleane

yjoleane

• Designer
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

it happened the same to me, I spent time crewating three logo options and all thre were eliminated instantly, and is hard to see that other entries get at least 10 points and mine was better than theirs so..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users