• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 bhaiti

bhaiti

Banned

• Banned
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:30 AM

I hope you guys will love to share your reasons...:)

#2 t0mm1

t0mm1

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

I honestly just do it for fun, I've always loved to draw so it just seemed like something I would enjoy doing.

#3 DirtyVash

DirtyVash

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

Hindsight is always 20/10! I really wish I would have pursued a graphic design career right out of high school. And I realized that about 3 years ago. I had just gotten a car and wanted to visit my former English class teacher Mr. Flannery. So I took a little trip back to my home town for some laser tag and some old memories.
When I went to see him, he was surprised that I had come through, as he wasn't expecting me that day. I just dropped in, after classes of course, and we did some reflecting on Old classmates and some shit that I got away with in his class, lol. I noticed that he still had a portrait of me that I did in art class. He bought if from me when I was in 11th grade. It was the first of two pieces of art that I had sold to someone in that school. The other was a yo-yo painting that I made and sold to the librarian. But I digress. I thought it was really cool that he still had that to this day. But then, right after that, he popped the question, "So what are you doing with yourself these days?" To which I replied, "I'm doing landscaping."
Then he looked at me with a puzzled gaze for a brief moment then said, "Huh, I thought you'd be doing something artistic by now.
Then he pointed out that portrait of me and went on to tell me how he remembers giving me Banners and Posters to design in the back of the class while he read that day's chapter of whatever book we were reading. And I remember acing that class too. For some reason I was able to follow along better than if we were reading from the book. Mr. Flannery just had a great knack for find a kids muse.
After saying our goodbyes, I had an hour and a half drive home to do some thinking. And thinking I did.
And here I am now, 3 years later, about to graduate from ITT Tech with an associates degree in Visual Communication (graphic design) and I find myself sometimes swamped with freelance work. Although mostly local and amongst friends, it's getting me some valuable experience with customer service in the field on top of my work study and education as well as making me a couple of bucks here and there that's come up more than clutch of several occations. Not to mention entering designs into contests on this page. And now I'm preparing myself for the corporate world of the graphic design industry and looking forward to a prosperous career in the field.

#4 lrnwytt

lrnwytt

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

In 6th grade I took a class on graphic design. We got to make our own fake company and logos and I had a lot of fun with it. Ever since, I've been off and on with Photoshop. Recently a friend of mine started a company and asked me to help out. Now I do graphic work and front end development for 2 companies (used to be 3, but I got too busy).

#5 tey3ciatsa

tey3ciatsa

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:02 AM

peer pressure! i was inspired by the testaments of my co-worker..

#6 tey3ciatsa

tey3ciatsa

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

Its an expression of my creativity

#7 Rocky30

Rocky30

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hi!!
Since childhood I have always loved drawing. When I grew up and had to decide which university to do, I thought, "Fine Arts", but unfortunately it' s a profession with few outlets, so I decided to Advertising and Public Relations, after when I finished, it did not have many outputs, as well after doing a course in "Graphic Design Technician" and "Video Editing and Post Production" I decided to devote myself entirely to the design. I work here and do other orders like a freelance in my country.
:cool:

#8 BenONE37

BenONE37

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

Combine the love of art and creativity with a job that can pay the bills.

#9 dnorman7

dnorman7

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

The passion for art and being able to express myself in a different way

#10 Amezarak

Amezarak

• Designer
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:27 AM

I've always wanted to be an inventor of some sort... graphic design is a tool of invention, i guess.

#11 Elijah

Elijah

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

Im in it for the money ^^

#12 RarefiedAlien

RarefiedAlien

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

For me it's the only way I can express myself properly.

#13 Vennie0205

Vennie0205

• Designer
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

I love drawing and designing, and would love to improve my skill through practices.
Of course, it'll be better if it can also make money. :)

#14 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

Because making money from drawing pictures is awesome!

#15 redspidey

redspidey

• Designer
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

drawing is my hobby , its fun..and sure,for money:cool:

#16 Ondine

Ondine

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

Combine the love of art and creativity with a job that can pay the bills.

This is exactly it for me. My background is in music composition, but I was frustrated by the lack of jobs -- it's not the most lucrative field, and it's also pretty lonely. You could spend a whole year locked away in a room writing a piece that maybe 20 people would hear, most of whom are either your friends, your mom, or other composers.

I find that design is a lot more collaborative and a lot less isolating. Also, there's a real need for it, so you have an actual shot at financially supporting yourself with it. I think I've found my perfect blend of creativity and practicality. There's also something very, very satisfying about seeing your work on a website that gets a lot of traffic, or on a postcard that's being sent out to thousands of houses. Having come from a world that really struggled to find its audience, I'm really appreciative of the market for design. People might not seek out good string quartets, but they'll definitely seek out good designs!

#17 PAVIAN

PAVIAN

• Designer
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Because its easier than programming! Hahaha ;)

#18 Hanami

Hanami

• Designer
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

I started as a programmer, but the job itself pushed me into designing more than coding. I guess I ended up a designer without being aware of the transformation process. It's more creative though :D

#19 factoryminion

factoryminion

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

Because making money from drawing pictures is awesome!

hahaha..ur being funny GJR!

#20 factoryminion

factoryminion

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:24 AM

I started as a programmer, but the job itself pushed me into designing more than coding. I guess I ended up a designer without being aware of the transformation process. It's more creative though :D

i wish i could do coding too hanami. you could sure do alot of those in aftereffects and also in webdesigning..right hanami? nways.its a bumber i could not do those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users