Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Is their an upload limit to the winning logo zip file?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 factoryminion

factoryminion

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

Hey hi guys. wanting to ask for help. I just won 9TRONIX contest.. I want to ask if there is a maximum limit to the ZIP to be uploaded. mine went up to 12MB.. the contest holder was asking for more options. 2nd question is. what file types do you usually send. ill be sending an AI and PNG files only with 8 files. and more to be uploaded. the live chat is offline now. Please Help. Im a newbie here in DC. Thanks in advance.

#2 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

Congrats on your win.

The instructions on what to provide are here:

Knowledgebase - Powered by DesignContest.com

I've never hit a limit and I usually supply loads of files. I've just checked and the biggest one I have uploaded was 19MB so you'll be ok.

#3 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

just found one that was 25 MB actually. may have been ones bigger still.

#4 factoryminion

factoryminion

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Congrats on your win.

The instructions on what to provide are here:

Knowledgebase - Powered by DesignContest.com

I've never hit a limit and I usually supply loads of files. I've just checked and the biggest one I have uploaded was 19MB so you'll be ok.

hey hi GJR. thanks man! yeah! but the thing is, this is just the first batch.I hope it would fit though. Do we get to send another batch? or do we get to email it to the contest holder. I guess im having trouble with uploading it due to internet connection problems.

#5 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

Yeah you can upload the files as many times as you need but they all must be in a single zip file. If you are having trouble it is likely to be because of internet connection speed rather than upload limits.

Keep trying and if you are still having trouble then speak to Sharie on Live chat later today. You have 7 days to finalise so don't panic!

#6 factoryminion

factoryminion

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Yeah you can upload the files as many times as you need but they all must be in a single zip file. If you are having trouble it is likely to be because of internet connection speed rather than upload limits.

Keep trying and if you are still having trouble then speak to Sharie on Live chat later today. You have 7 days to finalise so don't panic!

Im trying to connect with the online chat support.but they are offline. Ill try at home. here in the office,its limited. Yeah, i still have 7days do I? I hope the contest holder is patient though..Anyway. Thanks Junior Guru. You have been a great help to me.

#7 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

hey hi GJR. thanks man! yeah! but the thing is, this is just the first batch.I hope it would fit though. Do we get to send another batch? or do we get to email it to the contest holder. I guess im having trouble with uploading it due to internet connection problems.

Hey,
If I remember, the file limit is ≈100MB... you will get an error message if the upload is more than that, but DC doesn't want files over 2mb (which isn't practical for some cases). In the past I have used file sharing sites to submit bigger work files to the CH (the files are deleted once the contest is finalized). But you have time so you can also submit a ticket and supply the files to DC and they will send it to the CH

Edited by HappyGD, 30 October 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#8 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Im trying to connect with the online chat support.but they are offline. Ill try at home. here in the office,its limited. Yeah, i still have 7days do I? I hope the contest holder is patient though..Anyway. Thanks Junior Guru. You have been a great help to me.

haha, I wondered what you meant by "Junior Guru" - last time i looked I was "senior member" which was silly but less embarrassing! Maybe DC should change that to 'talks a lot' or 'won't keep quiet'.

#9 factoryminion

factoryminion

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

haha, I wondered what you meant by "Junior Guru" - last time i looked I was "senior member" which was silly but less embarrassing! Maybe DC should change that to 'talks a lot' or 'won't keep quiet'.

LOL..i thought junior guru is your second name here in DC! haha.. so it isnt? nways.. GJRDesign then.. ^_^ nways. the contest holder is asking for the super simplified version or the logo. can i sent it to him through email? or send again on a zip in hatchwise? with the modify button. but only the additional files..

#10 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

no, junior guru seems to be my rank in the forum, I think it's just based on the amount of forum posts I've made or maybe to do with my level - who knows!

Anyway Junior Member, You have to make another zip file including all of the files. You can't just upload additional files unfortunately.

#11 factoryminion

factoryminion

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

shsss, so i cant upload additional files. ill have to do it again then.. haha im a junior member. ^_^ maybe id start making threads and helping new artist. but who'd believe me.. im still new here too! haha..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users