• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 reyna12

reyna12

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:28 PM

Basically i was approached to do a web design. They love the current header / menu so i decided ok, that's what they like and i will continue from there. I kind of hit a brick wall when it went to desigining a content area.

Currently only working on homepage.

http://www.designerh...co.uk/removals/

I'm not sure on it, i have not asked client on what is added so far so not sure what their thoughts are.

Any ideas on what to do?

#2 pentool

pentool

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:22 PM

I think it looks pretty nice so far. I find the repeating double trucks in the header and then again below is a little much. I'd just keep the top one(s) in the header.

I think the client should be the one to give you content depending on what they want.

But my idea would be is to take maybe real pictures of what they do, that is, maybe with the vans as they pack stuff in and out, the van is moving on the road, etc. And maybe rotate these images fade in/out mode in flash. And have some marketing slogan/text appear next/around them.

#3 reyna12

reyna12

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:36 PM

I have emailed them asking for photos actually and waiting on a response, i beleive in place of the 2 trucks there needs to be some sort of image, will need to figure that one out.

I have all text for content, it's the layout of the content im not sure of what to do.

#4 eruct

eruct

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:59 PM

I agree with pentool that it is really up to the client to give you feedback. However, a few things you may want to consider...

The white spaces below and above the navigation are a little awkward. Maybe make the top white bar half the size. Also, the navigation should be centered. It is almost there but there is some empty space after 'contact us'. I would say either make space on both sides or make all buttons a little bigger to fill it better.

The 'man and van service' in the header looks a little fuzzy. I would try and make it a little crisper. Also, there is entirely way to much blue. The orange accents are a nice touch and you should try and use a little more to help break things up a bit.

pentool's idea about the photos of the actual company is a fantastic idea. I would try and incorporate them a little better as the illustrations you have along the right side seem a little out of place and too far from the text at times.

One last thing... if you are simply looking for different layout ideas, you might want to check out CSS Mania. Im not saying you should steal any of the designs, but there are literally thousands of amazing layouts to browse through for inspiration.
Best of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users