As a technology services organization, our website must exude professionalism and technology proficiency. It must also be simple and modern. Our core is to balance the sophistication of technology with the ease of use and we want our website to demonstrate same. A Web 2.0 site is what we’re looking for.
• Home page should have a fresh, modern approach with a Web 2.0 style
• Simple, easy to navigate, not overly cluttered.
• Home Page should emphasize Managed IT Services (simplifying IT) and cloud services.
• Should have section on Home Page to point people to what part of the site they are interested in
(i.e. see sites like mindshift.com and dataprise.com to see how they capture the visitor type and point them to a different part of site)
• Clear text fonts like Helvetica, Segoe UI, and other crisp, modern fonts (Apple Style) should be used
• Navigation should be along top with categories as follows.
- IT SUPPORT SERVICES
- CLOUD SERVICES
- SUPPORT (Support Section should be unique and identifiable quickly, perhaps an orange color or something bold)
• Beneath navigation should be picture-based advertising/slide panels with bold and creative text on the following:
- MANAGED IT SERVICES (Unlimted Technology Support for one predictable rate)
- CLOUD SERVICES (Hosted Exchange, Offsite Backup, E-mail Security & Archiving)
- NETWORK INTEGRATION (Network Migrations, IT Relocations, Implementations, Wireless deployments, etc)
- VOIP TELEPHONE SYSTEMS (Simplified Communications of Today's VOIP Systems)
- DISASTER RECOVERY SERVICES (How quickly can you recover from a system outage?)
• Should have a section titled News
• Must showcase our video on homepage (see www.stmicro.net for our video)
• Similar Businesses with Sites for Comparison include:
• Site Map on Home Page
• Search on Home Page
• Employment Opportunities on Home Page
• Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn Links on Home Page
• Inc5000 Award on Home Page
• Phone Number on Home Page
• Microsoft Partner Logo on Home Page (Midmarket Solution Provider Logo)