Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Do not ask for blind to the CH, or you get infarction point!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 vart4riony

vart4riony

• Designer
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

Do not ask for blind to the CH, or you get infarction point!

today I got a message from DesignContest.com.

You have received an infraction at Designers Community Forum at DesignContest.com.

Reason: Comment section rule violent
-------
Dear,
please do not ask CH for blind mode contest.

Best regards.
-------

so where rules about it? how about other designers are asked to CH for blind contest, what he also gets infraction points or comments are deleted.

I think not, they are still comments about it, a lot of designers are asking a blind contest to CH, I knew it. What are you looking at it?

hi "rajagee" you get infraction point too? .......

Fair or not you decide.

hi admin need your response here. thank you.

#2 iNoesis

iNoesis

• Designer
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Is it really a rule?

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

please read the rules and guidelines as to what what is acceptable comments What are the rules for commenting in a contest? - Powered by DesignContest.com

Like us on facebook

#4 MattMDesign

MattMDesign

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

"rule violent"... I think they meant "violation".

#5 VladTodirut

VladTodirut

• Designer
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

I don't see why asking a CH to blind a contest would be a problem.
I do understand that most CH's don't like to be told what to do, but i see a lot of contests there that were asked to blind and ch had nothing against it, many of the times they didn't even realize that it's possible and helpfull.

I'm not second guessing DC's rule, i'm sure there is a good reason for it, i'm just not seeing it :)

Thank you,
Vlad

#6 3187mohit

3187mohit

• Designer
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

I've made that mistake and I think I got the infringement(but not the notice or warning)
Now, it seems right because if somebody thinks that his idea is good and anybody else could copy it in an open contest, it can easily be reported and DC people are really fast in taking decisions in such cases.
There are instances when it seems like that a particular design might have been inspired from your own. I recently had such an experience.
But then if the other one is rated lower than you shouldn't care and if rated higher then you should learn.

#7 VladTodirut

VladTodirut

• Designer
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

I wasn't talking just about logo design, i don't really participate on logo contest that much.
But for a webdesign i think it's really important to have the contest blind, because 60% of the time u spend figuring out what content should go were, and many designers just copy the layout and change the design, so it goes easier for them.

#8 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36575 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Vlad,
All options are open and visible for CH when they are starting a contest. Each feature and option is explained, so as the blind mode.
It really depends of client's choice and attention to options details when they are going trough those. Some doesn't choose is it as they are not fully aware of the "benefit", for some others that is not a benefit at all, while some have limited budget.
Whatever is their reason, it is not appropriate to ask CHs to go into the blind mode... even if we ask them politely it is still a forcing.
Another thing, that may surprise you... many copy cats are also asking for blind mode - trying to cheat, by using clip-arts, existing designs, etc... thinking they will not get caught.
I understand you, it is frustrating and annoying to that point when I personally think I had enough and want to give up... we have to fight those "designers". Not all of the copy cases are intentionally, some are obvious, some are in grey area... over some we will not agree on, etc... It is hard.

#9 VladTodirut

VladTodirut

• Designer
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

I personally don't feel like its forcing when you ask a ch to go blind mode. If they are aware of the benefits and don't feel like they want it, they just ignore you or say no ty.
Yes i do know and i'm not surprised that copycats ask for blind contest, copycats is one of the reasons i gave up participating in logo design. As i stated above i was refearing more to the webdesign contests because thats were i see the most requests for blind mode.

Thanks for the reply Babba, altho i dont agree about the blind mode, i do understand the reasoning and i respect it.

#10 3187mohit

3187mohit

• Designer
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

Both of you (Babba and Vlad) are right.
It is inappropriate to ask CH to go in blind mode. And posts in a website design contest are actually in the grey area that Babba mentioned.
If others agree too then a humble suggestion to be made is to make all website contests blind by default. And open only on choice of CH.

#11 VladTodirut

VladTodirut

• Designer
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Actually i agree, i think having webdesign contest blind by default is a great idea.
If i'm not wrong, other sites have this option and it seems to be going well.

#12 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

This is the choice of the contestholder. Some clients do not like or want blind contests

Like us on facebook

#13 vart4riony

vart4riony

• Designer
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

agree with blind contest by default, may be all contest not just webdesign

#14 Meowchi

Meowchi

Banned

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:21 AM

Rules are rules, and I guess, as a good and professional artists here, we are responsible of reading the rules before making/saying anything... Not just here, but everywhere... I'm not pro or against of what you're saying. :) I just think, that on the other side, it is somehow reasonable...

Imagine, when your entry came up with the same idea with the other designers and rated low, they just ignore. But when you have the same idea and rated higher, you get reported, warned, received infractions, and so on like, they wanted you out of the site for good... :)

Edited by Meowchi, 25 March 2013 - 05:26 AM.

#15 Meowchi

Meowchi

Banned

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

Vlad,
All options are open and visible for CH when they are starting a contest. Each feature and option is explained, so as the blind mode.
It really depends of client's choice and attention to options details when they are going trough those. Some doesn't choose is it as they are not fully aware of the "benefit", for some others that is not a benefit at all, while some have limited budget.
Whatever is their reason, it is not appropriate to ask CHs to go into the blind mode... even if we ask them politely it is still a forcing.
Another thing, that may surprise you... many copy cats are also asking for blind mode - trying to cheat, by using clip-arts, existing designs, etc... thinking they will not get caught.
I understand you, it is frustrating and annoying to that point when I personally think I had enough and want to give up... we have to fight those "designers". Not all of the copy cases are intentionally, some are obvious, some are in grey area... over some we will not agree on, etc... It is hard.

---------------

I think, Babba is so right... Whatever happens, the contest mode is still depends on the CH...

#16 Meowchi

Meowchi

Banned

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

I wasn't talking just about logo design, i don't really participate on logo contest that much.
But for a webdesign i think it's really important to have the contest blind, because 60% of the time u spend figuring out what content should go were, and many designers just copy the layout and change the design, so it goes easier for them.

-------------------------

Actually, you can also apply this in any contest... Logo contest sometimes happens the same way, too. It is always good to submit the first entries because you got the fresh ideas. The only disadvantage is that, everyone will make the same concept as you do. Just change the color schemes and effects, the font style, the layout, the shapes, and there, they have an entry 50%-70% of your concept... And the sad part there? They got rated higher than yours...

#17 Turatskie

Turatskie

Banned

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

It is somehow reasonable, because there's nothing wrong of suggesting it esp. if its for a good cause... But as professionals, we are responsible of knowing that the mode of any contest depends on the CH and we (as participants) have really nothing to do with it...

#18 VladTodirut

VladTodirut

• Designer
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Well, we as participants do have something to do with it. The CH is here to get unique and original ideas with every contest, it's hard to do that when people get (lets call it nicely) inspired by one another.
I'm quite sure the statistics agree with me, that blind webdesign contests have a higher entering rate from the start of the contest.
Currently there are 4 webdesign contests open, 2 are blind and 2 aren't, the latter ones don't have any entries. I'm sure that one or more designers did something for those websites, but we usually wait till 1-2 days before contests ends to submit, so there is not much time to be riped off. I know this seems unfair and maybe not the best practice, but it helps us limit our damages.

#19 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

thread closed

Like us on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users