Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Attention All Members: DesignsbyALX needs your votes!

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

Poll: Did this member contribute to your DC experience in a positive way? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Did this member contribute to your DC experience in a positive way?

1. Yes (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. No (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 illumina

illumina

Guru

• Designer
  • 2714 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:41 PM

Please read the question in the poll area above. Then just answer it truthfully. Remember, this poll isn’t about portfolios or design skills. Please read http://www.designcon...ng-system.html'>this thread for a more detailed explanation of the voting system.

The member you’re voting for is – DesignsbyALX

Thanks for participating!

#2 DesignsbyALX

DesignsbyALX

• Designer
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

I'm having so much fun here, i just love to design! Please vote yes, and satisfy my craving of becoming an elite member! Thank you very much! :D Alex

• Guests

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:49 PM

Alex, it doesn't help to spam in the community contest's comments...

#4 DesignsbyALX

DesignsbyALX

• Designer
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:07 PM

Hey resurepus,

i wasn't aware that asking you guys to vote, was considered as such. Sorry about that :D You won't see me asking again ;)

#5 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:46 PM

I read all posts and vote accordingly. I encourage everyone to do so. :D Design Contest Forums - View Profile: DesignsbyALX

• Guests

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:09 PM

Hey resurepus,

i wasn't aware that asking you guys to vote, was considered as such. Sorry about that :D You won't see me asking again ;)

we just try to keep things on topic. comments in Community Contests are for discussing the contests and their entries.

#7 DesignsbyALX

DesignsbyALX

• Designer
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:46 AM

Tnx people! (7) I do wonder why i have 4 against votes, but as i often say; you can't please everyone! I'm glad i made it through this poll!

#8 scorpionagency

scorpionagency

• Designer
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:46 PM

Well, I can be totally honest with you, so you don't have to wonder about all the "No" votes.

I Voted "No" for the following reasons:::

1.) Not following community contest project briefs:
* Failure to provide a sketch for Most the contests that required them in the brief (It is important to be able to follow a clients brief, especially if you are wanting to participate in paid contests.)

2.) Forum Participation:
* A high % of the posts on the forums I've seen from you were 1-4 liners without much helpful content. (that's my personal opinion, however Others may have found fruitful help where I may have missed seeing it.)

3.) Rules / policy / Guidelines:
* Asking other members to vote for you to become an elite designer in the community contest threads. (I found this to be unethical, Others may have viewed it differently)

The above should not be taken as an attack upon you, but more as constructive criticism, for which it was meant to be. I figured maybe If I stepped up as one of the people that voted "no" & explained why, that others may start participating in the same way, revealing as to why they voted the way they did. Doing so can prove to be very helpful to designers, allowing them to see what others feel are their strong & weak points. it also gives you some insight on area's you may be able to improve on in the future.

I wish you the best of luck. :)

Edited by scorpionagency, 19 October 2009 - 10:51 PM.

#9 DesignsbyALX

DesignsbyALX

• Designer
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:01 AM

Hey Scorpionagency!

I honestly mean, thanks for this feedback.
About your first point, i think it's up to DC to decide what is the defenition of sketching.
Making a collage, or using a 3d modelling program is kanda sketching to. I also have to start from 0, and tweak my model in order to get to a certain design, the same as i would do with a pencil. As long as the designs are aproved for challenge, i have to disagree with you on this one!
About point 2; Haha, i think it's better to say little that makes sense, as for saying much, which doesn't ;)
About 3; as i said in my reply to the subject, i was asking for people to vote, you're right. But just once, and without the intention of spamming. (I don't see this one question as spamming!) I also apologized, and promised not to do so anymore, which i didn't! To call this "unethical", is a bit overreacted (in my opinion), considering the defenition of the word.

But i do thank you for your honest feedback! All the best to you to :D

#10 HWorks

HWorks

• Designer
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

I found it correct to vote positively for a user who always partecipated, ok, not with chilomethers of speech but with good suggestions. Quality, not quantity :) congratulations alx.

#11 DesignsbyALX

DesignsbyALX

• Designer
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:55 PM

Tnx SliverFX! That's just what i mean ;) It takes a while before they process i quess, because i still cannot participate in the other contests... But thanks for your vote anyway!!!

#12 HWorks

HWorks

• Designer
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:27 PM

I would like to quote something I wrote on another topic for a better explaination of what I was trying to say. I don't want to be misunderstood.

As for people writing only a short line, well, maybe there was not that much to say about the work. I sometimes feel like writing "this is a nice design" which can be a positive feedback for someone who is working on something. This doesn't necessarily mean I am trying to fat my post-count, which I really don't care about. I just want to encourage everybody to read ALL the posts made from a user if possible. Or at least give them a fast read. Because you can't really judge someone just because of their works, most of the time.

Hope you get my point.

regards.

#13 Geko

Geko

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

I would have voted for a yes, I got here too late, I have seen your works and it feels like you contribute a lot with the community with your posts, I love your renders and I know this is not about work but about helping this community, I can see you are polite. Great job going trough the poll. I wish you the best and envy you a little, in a good way hehe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users