• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:58 AM

What I did was use the start date for all of them, everyone listed different dates some listed start dates some listed ending dates then there were some that ended and had to go to poll so to stay fair and easy to track I just listed by start dates.

If this needs to be changed to end dates let me know. If I messed a date up please post the correction also if I put a wrong member with wrong contest. I have double checked these but it is always good to have a second eye also maybe make sure I put the dollar amounts right. Thanks much

Netcüzdan - $112 may 25 09 Vovikus

Marine Safety - $225 oct 16 coy

Handmade Jewelry $200.nov13 coy

Calvin and susie $400 dec 1 sharie

Waste Disposal Web $330. dec 4 jazzz

OhWhyOhWhy $250.dec 23 nhr

Lextel Website $250.dec 31 JAZZZ

FIT1 Fitnessclub $300.jan 4 nhr

Lasting Memories $112.jan 10 nhr

Sue horner split $250.jan 28 $125.each sharie/nhr

YPAChildren'sHosp $200.jan 31 onesummer

Hjertestart $350.feb 1 onesummer

JAB Website $300.feb 1 jjyepez

Focus Propert $250.feb 7 Vovikus

1st Secuer IT $300.feb 7 jjyepez

James Allen, CPA $325 feb 11 Brandy

BBQ Rub & Sauce $200.feb 12 jjyepez

Nathan Smith $125 mar 12 maxson

Coolspel.nl $250.feb 14 nhr

Gravity Tile $350 feb 18 Brandy

Edited by sharie, 17 May 2010 - 03:12 AM.

Like us on facebook

#2 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:59 AM

unless it's a real pain in the butt, I think it makes more sense to line them up in order of which they would have originally been paid out (contest end date)

With the ones that went to vote being added in at the end, since those logos never went to a CH, and the designer's work isn't being used.
:) Brandy

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:30 AM

I think it will mostly be the same order as most the contests were 8-14 days, the only changes would be the polled contests. Because vicki wasn't around those abanded contests were polled very late. If we keep the dates as they are it shows a true oldest to newest, that was my way of thinking on it but lets see what everyone else thinks about.

Like us on facebook

#4 JAZZZ

JAZZZ

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 365 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:18 PM

Hello,
I would like to confirm one thing about this contest : Waste Disposal Web $330. dec 4 jazzz

The CH writes,
"Prize Amount: $330 first, $50 second and $20 third. This would only apply if there were more than 3 entries."
And he never went on to announce the 2nd and 3rd entries, does this mean I shall recieve the whole amount i-e $400?

Regards,
Jazzz
Waleed Mushtaq | Online Portfolio

#5 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:46 PM

This might not go over with some but I think the 2nd and 3rd should go to sergey for fees he has not received throughout this ordeal.

As far as dated for the start or end....I think it will be easier to keep track of using start date and the contest that went to poll..I don't think it matters at this point. This whole thing has been nightmare so just going down the line to get these paid will be the easiest way to track and make sure all is paid. Also I don't think it matters if the work is used at this point.

The contests that have not gone to poll..not sure what to do about that. Some may not agree but maybe the contest not gone to poll...those monies would be sergeys fees?

I would like a list of the fees that Sergey needs also to add to the list just so we have a complete total as to what is owed and where to send it or divy up. I'm kinda thinking sergey is owed about $700-800.00 maybe more.

Like us on facebook

#6 onesummer

onesummer

Guru

• Designer
  • 804 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:40 PM

list looks fine to me. not sure what you decided on (start or end) dates, as you keep saying you're using start dates, yet the dates you list look like end/deadline dates to me. should still fall in the same order no matter which is used.

Again, thank you sharie for handling this.
- onesummer (paul)

visit my portfolio website at: www.pauljobson.com

#7 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

I'm fine with using start dates as the order.

But, I feel VERY strongly that the contests that went into polling should be at the end. The "winners" of those contests only recently found out that they had earned that prize, and only recently begun to expect a payment, while many others ended and were "awarded" months prior to the polls taking place. Those poll winners still hold the rights to their artwork and can use them again if they choose to, while the ones that were actual completed contests have sent their artwork to the CH and it is currently being used, and the rights now belong to the CH's, not the designer.

#8 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

Some of those just recently polled contests were paid in march by vick, "so with some of those polled have been paid and the rest not" keeping all the unpaids in date order is the easiest and fairest way to keep track of everything.

We are not looking at months prior, we had polls in feb and march so all these contests are pretty close to the same time. A win is a win to the designer even if it goes to a poll, in most of the polled contests the designers bave been waiting longer to find out what is going on for example Coy's polled win he has been waiting since october to find out if ch abanded or if this goes to poll. This is just my opinion about this, we might not even get any money who knows

Like us on facebook

#9 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:33 PM

Well I wasn't going to post in this thread cause I felt my honest opinion might appear to be biased, since I would be paid 2nd and 3rd.
But after a couple PM's asking why I hadn't posted my thoughts I guess I'd add my 2cents to this.

from my PM's..
I'm truely being unbiased on this. honestly.

I think it should go by the contests closed/end date. which should basically keep it the same.

I understand what brandy is saying but as stated if things went they way they were suppose to go then the polled contests would be maybe moved up by two-three weeks when the poll would of/should of ended.

If we do do it this way then we need to make sure all the polled or possibly still need to be polled contests be placed accordingly, not only that but it will take some time to figure out when the contest ended, how much time do we allow before we would of considered the contest abandon then how long a poll lasts (1-2 weeks?). then place that poll in the time line accrodingly.

This is my honest opinion whether or not I would be getting paid sooner or later. basically it's easier just to place them in dated order w/out the extra work. not that it's alot of work but this whole ordeal has allready taken up alot of valuable time by the admin/mods.
I haven't been able to participate in many of the contests because I was getting information about viki.. then my day job and so forth.

I'll go ahead and post this in the thread as well.;)

#10 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:49 PM

I'm not basing my opinion on the fact that I'm going to be paid last (if ever), I've already moved on, and quite frankly will be SHOCKED if I ever see a dime of the money I am owed from Vicki.

My problem is being paid AFTER people who still own the rights to their artwork, those designers can still use that artwork in other contests, or sell it outside of DC. I released the copyrights to my designs before many of these ever even went into polling mode, I can't re-use those designs anywhere, or make back the money I've lost by reselling them to someone else. That's my issue.

That's all... I don't want to seem like I'm complaining, I'm really not, and I really do appreciate everything Sharie, Coy and Sergey have done to try to collect this money (as you know, I spent a great deal of time on this as well). Just my 2¢ and I won't say anything else about it.

I really hope everyone gets paid as they should, i just have a feeling that not every contest on that list is going to get settled, and I think the contests that weren't abandoned, where the designer no longer owns their designs, should have preference.

#11 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:05 AM

I get what your saying and see where your coming from. And also know that you are right there with us and why I said it's taken a lot of the admin and mods time with this whole ordeal.

I wouldn't have a problem switching my Marine Safety - $225 with your James Allen, CPA $325.

If that's doable and no one else can complain about it.

If I do hear any complaining I'll request that Senior DC members get paid first, followed by merrit and who's be participating with in DC and not just in contests, then the others can follow.
And I'm quite convincing. ;)

Edited by Coy, 18 May 2010 - 12:10 AM.

#12 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:27 AM

At this point I am going with what you all want, I am washing my hands of this. I have put way too much time and effort into this nightmare of a situation. I also at at the point of not expecting payment

I don't think there would have been any issue with putting the polled contests last (there are quite a few of them) but some of those have already been paid in march with Vickies last payment. That made it way unfair to all. So I felt just putting the rest of ALL the contests in order would be the least confusing easiest way to handle this.

Everyone will not be happy in this ordeal with how this will be and is handled

Like us on facebook

#13 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

Sharie it's all good ;) I and I'm sure the others appreciate all that you have done as well as brandy, sergey and myself.

I think most of us are at the point that payment will either not happen and we will have to force legal action or we will get paid in the span of a year or whatever.

I say leave the list like it is and lets not worry about it anymore. Let brandy have one of my spots and replace me with her's. If anyone else has a problem send me a PM as I'm going to close this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users