Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

DC Flash Header Design Contest. Deadline December 1st, 2008.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:20 PM

Contest: Header Design for DesignContest.net forums.

Deadline: December 1st 2008.

Dimensions: 900x120px

Contest Description: The challenge is to redesign the header of our forums using the template provided in the attached .fla file. The template is very simple and leaves plenty of room for your creativity.

Restrictions: You must keep the shape of "DC" logo graphic unmodified! However you can change the colors and "DESIGNCONTEST.NET" text. Use the button on the right side of the header to link to your portfolio – this should be the only link outside of DesignContest.net included in your design.

You must be the author of all the graphics used in your header design. Clipart, 3rd party images, and derivatives of 3rd party images may NOT be used.

Comments: It is encouraged to comment and critisize in a positive way on ther members' entries.

Prize: Apart from counting as one out of three Community Contest wins towards instantly becoming a Design Team member, the header (and the link to your portfolio) will be seen by thousands of people - fellow designers and your potential clients.

Important: You might have seen the original Header Design Contest. Now you know how it goes - new session every month.

This contest will be open for a long time, so this description may be updated as we get questions and input from you guys.

Edited by _Redrum, 07 November 2008 - 03:08 AM.

#2 Repeat

Repeat

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:55 AM

Here is what i have done so far. let me know what you guys think of the text, and design. dont pay attention to the button effects right now; I'll be working on them this weekend.

Thanks,

banner_11.26.08

#3 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:37 AM

That's mesmerizing :)

Thanks for your contribution Repeat. A few crits: I think that the font and background don't really match in style. The background says "look at the dancing squares", while the font says "COME SEE STARWARS!" Also, there's not much to look at right now, other than our logo and name.

I think if you could somehow bridge the font and background styles, while adding a point of interest somewhere on the banner, it would be a top notch submission. Try using the concepts of "graphic design" and "community" and see what you can come up with ;)

Thanks again!

Edited by _Redrum, 28 November 2008 - 02:06 AM.

• Guests

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:35 PM

Sorry for the delay. This month we will not be announcing a winner. Normally we don't do that with only 1 entry. As for December, I think with the Christmas postcard design to keep you occupied, we'll take a break with the header and relaunch the header contests in 2009!

#5 francisco

francisco

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:49 AM

Sorry for the delay. This month we will not be announcing a winner. Normally we don't do that with only 1 entry. As for December, I think with the Christmas postcard design to keep you occupied, we'll take a break with the header and relaunch the header contests in 2009!

I'm so on it!

#6 kadong

kadong

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:17 AM

hmm it seems this is overdue.. is there any winner? or this contest is still open and will be resuming?
i love my work :D

• Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

hmm it seems this is overdue.. is there any winner? or this contest is still open and will be resuming?

don't you see my post where I said that we were not going to announce a winner with only one entry? And sorry I forgot to close the thread. I am doing it now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users