Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

2005.01.14 - DesignContest.net Mascot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:22 PM

This contest is the land of freedom, you can play with any ideas and color schemes within the given subject. If we find the maskot we are looking for we might want to display it on the front page and other pages of DesignContest.net and printed promotion matherials.

The contest will be open for 20 days. Will not be postponed. Other admins and mods may add something to my contest description. As usual anybody can take part and also comment on others' entries in this contest. Thanks in advance for your creativity!

#2 deepixel

deepixel

Banned

• Banned
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 05:28 PM

Can it be done in 3d (like Lightwave?). I developed a character for a video game that never made the cut. But I think it would be cool for your site. And is there a prize involved?

#3 Edua

Edua

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 08:22 PM

I will be posting something really soon hope you guys like

#4 jojomarie

jojomarie

Banned

• Banned
  • 1127 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 08:44 PM

Can it be done in 3d (like Lightwave?). I developed a character for a video game that never made the cut. But I think it would be cool for your site. And is there a prize involved?

just surfing and thought i would be of help and answer your question, if you read the "introduction" for this forum, it states the "prize" and i believe that you posted right after it, ;) have a good one, jojomarie

#5 SSFelton

SSFelton

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 01:31 PM

Ok - had a quick play about, did you want the existing colours eg the green?

Anyway pls take a look and tell me what you don't like etc :)

http://img137.exs.cx...tectlogo3ff.jpg
Visit my site in progress..... coming soon to SSF Design

#6 Edua

Edua

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 03:12 PM

ok here is my first try I hope you guys like ;)

Posted Image

#7 deepixel

deepixel

Banned

• Banned
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 04:46 PM

just surfing and thought i would be of help and answer your question, if you read the "introduction" for this forum, it states the "prize" and i believe that you posted right after it, ;) have a good one, jojomarie

AAHHH....I see, But I am still curious if it could be done in 3d (raster). Or would the character be better served to be vector. I could render it at hi-res if necessary.

#8 jojomarie

jojomarie

Banned

• Banned
  • 1127 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 04:59 PM

Ok - had a quick play about, did you want the existing colours eg the green?

Anyway pls take a look and tell me what you don't like etc :)

http://img137.exs.cx...tectlogo3ff.jpg

hello, i think it looks more like a logo than a mascot. in my opinion, i thought a mascot was an animal or somesort of creature eg..alien, funny dinosaur, you know stuff like that. Maybe you could trying going in that direction instead. Hope this helps, jojomarie

• Guests

Posted 17 January 2005 - 05:48 PM

Edua, great entry, but somehow it doesn't fit into the current DC style or feel.

SSFelton, this could be considered as entry for a logo contest, but a mascot is a character that will represent DC. And yes, it is preferred if it goes along with the current style.

jojomarie, thnks for the comments, they are right to the point.

deepixel, yes the character can be done in 3D.

The prize in this contest is enrollment into the Design Team or advance to one level up if you are already a member.

#10 illumina

illumina

Guru

• Designer
  • 2714 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 05:54 PM

I'm going to try and get an entry in on time. Please be warned I've never done a mascot before, so my entry will probably end up looking like a kindergarten student drew it, but at least it will provide amusement for everyone :D

• Guests

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:18 PM

Illuminia, great robe! really love it! as for the face, I think we lack one here :) It's not bad, a mascot can do without a real face, what I am trying to say is that the frog (?) is expressionless and it lacks emotion. Just my thoughts though. Appreciate others' comments.

#12 illumina

illumina

Guru

• Designer
  • 2714 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:20 PM

haha, hes meant to be smiling.
Guess it didnt come out as obvious as I hoped.

• Guests

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:44 PM

yes, I can tell that :) What I was talking about is mainly his eyes. Some eyebrows would help I think :)

#14 jojomarie

jojomarie

Banned

• Banned
  • 1127 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:45 PM

hi, illumina , it is pretty cute, made me giggle!! My second thought was that it looked like "it" was a little heavy around the logo, if you know what i mean(like creases) ;) , looking forward to seeing more of this little guy, jojomaire

#15 Dumb Genius

Dumb Genius

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:59 PM

They're all great! :)

#16 illumina

illumina

Guru

• Designer
  • 2714 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 10:38 PM

eyebrows now hovering over him, with shadows on his eyes :)

• Guests

Posted 17 January 2005 - 10:47 PM

I have another suggestion, not really a suggestion, just thinking outloud what I would do myself if it was my character... The eyes, they look very flat, especially contrasted with the volume of the face. It should either be flat and 2D the whole thing, or the eyes should be spheric too... Just thinking outloud, not sure if anybody is interested in my mumbling... I am just getting ready to go home from work (it's almost midnight here) and can't get off DC :)

#18 jojomarie

jojomarie

Banned

• Banned
  • 1127 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:54 PM

hello everyone, here is my first entry for the mascot.

do you think he is as cute as i do,lol.....:)

• Guests

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:59 PM

cute :) I mean it, it is really cute! But where is the spirit of competition? ;) (I will always find something to complain about!)

#20 jojomarie

jojomarie

Banned

• Banned
  • 1127 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:06 AM

Thanks resurepus :), i was wondering too, where is everyone, lol... :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users