Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

% of designers that actually get paid from this site?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 dlbonanno64

dlbonanno64

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Does anyone have any idea of the percentage of designers that actually have won contests and received the payout money on this site? In looking through the closed contests, I have noticed multiple contests where winners have not been picked. As the weeks pass, the contests just seems to go into limbo land. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

#2 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Hello there,

Of course lots of designers here get paid for their wining designs, you can check this list with top rated designersTop Designers..I know i did!!

All the awards you find there were paid to designers, and 100s and 100s of designers who's not on this list also got paid many times for wining contests.

DC's contest are prepaid 100% of the time, that means you will get paid by DC if the CH chooses a winner, if they didn't ..we call it (abandoned) after 5th week of no contact, the contest prize money is then split between the highest rated designers & a share goes to (community contests) prizes..
of course that's after trying to contact the CH about it & encouraging them to monitor their projects.

Also there are some rare cases of CHs request a refund & in this case DC staff let designers know about it so they move on..

Yes, you can find some of these contests among others.. but they are not the common case here.. you can check again there's many many finalized contests with happy winners.. who get paid VERY fast too through the great staff of DC.

I hope i put it right & you got the idea :)

Regards,

Selma

Edited by sharie, 11 November 2012 - 07:14 PM.

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#3 Rocky30

Rocky30

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hi dlbonanno64!
I'm a designer and I have won contests, DC paid them all to me. In fact there was a contest which closed DC yet paid compensation to those who had the highest score. I can assure you that the payment is 100% reliable, at least for what has happened to me. But I understand your concern... In other German competitions page didn't pay me the logo I did and it came out winner!!

Regards!:cool:

#4 erwinxespanto

erwinxespanto

Banned

• Banned
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

i have won a contest yet.. its been a month.. and i have send the winning design and yet the contest holder did not. paid me yet..
what shall i do.. pl

#5 iNoesis

iNoesis

• Designer
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

I have won a contest and I got my payment. beginning I got some issue but DC supported me very well and they solved my probs and send me the money. I really appreciate DC and their support team.

#6 QuintonBrown19

QuintonBrown19

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

After 5 weeks of the contest being closed, the top 3 get paid. So 100%

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

QuintonBrown19 more than top 3 are paid, the prize amount determines how many designers get the split

Like us on facebook

#8 alesan11

alesan11

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Thank you guys for all of your comments. I was wondering the same thing and was beginning to feel a little nervous. I just joined DC and won my first contest... but its taking longer than I thought it would. Now that I have a timeline I feel much better.

#9 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

alesan11 I think you were just picked less than 1 day ago as the winner in that contest.

Like us on facebook

#10 moltbandung

moltbandung

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Hello guys...
I've something on my mind.. i've been following a blind contest and by the time it's closed two of my designs were rated by 100 and at the 1st and 2nd place the3rd place (belong to someone's design) was rated by 50s and the rests were not rated.. a week has passed and the CH hasn't picked the winner yet. the question is, is there any chances that i will win the contest?

#11 ideasstudio

ideasstudio

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Hi,
I had just won Sönmezoğlu yesterday morning when i wake up, uploaded source files, i got paid at the same day afternoon, this is the best CH I ever have, but not all the CH the same, some asking to do lot's of amendment, i'll do my best to do until they happy with it, that will needs longer time to have paid.
But i really have to say all DC peoples are very helpful, i love to do the contest very much here.

#12 Hadeelsa

Hadeelsa

Banned

• Banned
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

for me i have been paid for every contest i won with no delays, some asked for changes and some did not, payments go out every Wednesday and i got them all!

#13 ikhockey3

ikhockey3

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

does the amount of rating points a designer have affect the chances his design will be selected? Do the CHs look for designers with higher ratings?

#14 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36575 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Ikhockey3,
If you meant by that "higher ranked/leveled designers in DC community", then answer is no, not necessary it has influence on CH choice.

#15 DRGO

DRGO

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

Designcontest is the best I can say when it comes to paying the winners. First, as you can see, Designcontest way of payment is better compare to others. DC got Western Union and more which the other sites don't have :) Not all the designer here has paypal account that is why don't worry, even you're in a hurry. DC is at your back always :)

DRGO

#16 notsu100

notsu100

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Based on my first personal experience, DC's system works like a charm.
I won my first contest and also first one-on-one project and there were no problems in neither cases receiving the price amount. As payments are processed by Wednesdays, I received my money on my PayPal account already on Thursday morning.
Very quick and convenient service. Thumbs up!

#17 DESIGNKB

DESIGNKB

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

I have been paid, and also in a short time. No complaints

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users