&nsbp;

#1 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:53 PM

Hello All,

I realized lately that many of the CH asks how to upload their Arts work files, and how some of them feeling not comfortable uploading their files over a FREE hosting Files, Example: MediaFire etc..

I Suggest 2 Options:

• Make a Donation Button for a Shared Hosting Account for the CH Art files
  • A Small Fees for the Elite Designers Monthly for the Cost of the Shared Hosting

I May not be an Elite Designer, Although I Noticed that there isn't any fees to Win a Contest and Would love to see DC Providing a Professional Services.

So Basically Normal Users won't Pay anything as a part of the Community Goal, But Since Elite Designers Get paid, So Why not :)

I may not have the rights to Discuss about the DC Internal issue but! "What can I say.." Its Just a suggestion thought it might be useful one day :)

To The Top DC!,
-Amr

#2 render

render

Guru

• Designer
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:48 PM

↑↑ delete this post! haha!
Rest in peace Nevadabadgirl

#3 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

you wish.. don't you? :p no worries I can pay for you (A) hahaha!

#4 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

Thanks GoldenZ for the suggestion, but I'm SURE there is a better solution than requiring ED's to pay a fee to use the site... We don't automatically get paid being an ED, we still have to compete in the contests, and now with open contests as well, any registered member can win money too...

An admin can help the CH to get their logo posted on DC for download.
:) Brandy

#5 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

The contest holders can submite there art files directly to DC from their computer to their contests. or the DC staff if needed.

#6 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:05 PM

The contest holders can submite there art files directly to DC from their computer to their contests. or the DC staff if needed.

I'm Totally understand its the admin/Moderators Task, But today I saw in a contest -one of the Designers request the logo, The CH asked of a way to do that. Then one of the designers guided the CH to contact a moderator, Other suggest to use one of the FREE Hosting Files. So Basically there isn't any Guide for CH on this point. What I see now is 2 different person talking in different Solutions.

When i practice in Owl Logo contest I remember Brandy was the one who gave us a link to the logo which was in a FREE hosting website, The CH wasn't the one who provided, and Brandy wasn't a Moderator at this time. So it was Provided by an Elite Designer..

Hope you Understand what I mean.

-Amr

#7 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

I know what you mean. the current Illustration contest.

and I understand where your coming from for posting. but the bulk of our contests are Logo designs and those can be submited right from the contest holders computer to the site.

It's just not something I think DC is ready to get into. Sites like Media Fire are great for hosting all types of files AI, PSD, PDF, Word whatever. so why create something that can be used for free now, then develope something that will cost someone..

If I were a CH and need to submite my AI file of my logo and lets say DC charged like ??$20 to do so. That would come out of my prize money or I could just host it free somewhere else and once the contest is over delet it from that free site.. and now I know of a place incase I need to send a pdf of something or other in the future.

It's not that its a bad idea just not a very ecenomical one at this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users