• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

This would by very nice if we were able to sort the contests list by "ends in" or "entries" columns, or any other .. unless to some of us (level based perhaps)

That would be very appreciated.
Regards,
--
jjy

#2 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

I think we do need some sort of 'search' function for the contests as well. Or a search function in general that allows you to search for contests with specific subject matter (like 'photography logo', 'dog logo', 'restaurant logo', etc.).

Also, I think it would be a cool idea to be able to sign up to be notified by email for specific contests you might have an interest participating in. For example, say you like designing logos for photographers - as soon as one is listed, you would receive an email from DC stating something like "A new contest for 'photograper's logo needed' has just started." The link could be provided in your email. That way, you would receive a heads up on a contest you would like to participate in.

When you sign up to be notified by email, there would be fields that you fill in with your interests like 'photographer', 'dog', etc. When a contest starts that matches the tag words, you would receive an email.

#3 wengcharl2011

wengcharl2011

Banned

• Banned
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

Hope this sorting facilities can be realized: sorting type, date ends, by entries, by prize and so...on....

#4 anantasteyr

anantasteyr

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:51 AM

yeah... agree with all of you guys... till now, i have to scroll down my mouse to find a fit contest for me... klik more pages... scroll down again..

would be great if there is a feature in browse contest like sort by entries ascending or descending, sort by ends, and other...

thank you

#5 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

I think we do need some sort of 'search' function for the contests as well. Or a search function in general that allows you to search for contests with specific subject matter (like 'photography logo', 'dog logo', 'restaurant logo', etc.).

Also, I think it would be a cool idea to be able to sign up to be notified by email for specific contests you might have an interest participating in. For example, say you like designing logos for photographers - as soon as one is listed, you would receive an email from DC stating something like "A new contest for 'photograper's logo needed' has just started." The link could be provided in your email. That way, you would receive a heads up on a contest you would like to participate in.

When you sign up to be notified by email, there would be fields that you fill in with your interests like 'photographer', 'dog', etc. When a contest starts that matches the tag words, you would receive an email.

Hey! And .... what about: "TAGGING" each contest?? Asking the CHs for some TAGS as part of the brief! .... Simple. Useful. Helpful. ... and a "TAG-cloud" for we can "short-cut" our path to different contests ...

Nevertheless, I know that DC has to differentiate "featured" contests somehow from those not-featd, so designers are more likely to choose some, but ... please think of us too ;-) ... a little bit further

Thanks to the admins for the chance to express our wishes herein!
Keep up the amazing job guys (up there)!

Rgrds,
--
jjy

Edited by jjyepez, 19 July 2012 - 08:35 PM.

#6 lperwas

lperwas

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

Yes, I never quite understood the reasoning behind how the contests are listed. Sure, the featured contests must be on the top, but it would be great if we could sort the rest.

There could be different groups:
- Featured
- Blind
- All the rest

Then, in each group designers could sort by:
- End date
- Prize amount
- Number of entries

#7 NickVDesigns

NickVDesigns

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

Hi there, I was just wondering if there had been any progress on the sorting function? Or maybe info about it had been posted in another thread. Thanks for any news on the matter.

#8 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Clearly, a great deal could be done make browsing contests better. I agree with all of the above suggestions. It should be noted by DC taht the requests for sorting come from very active, very high level designers and should be taken seriously. Thanks

#9 benwick

benwick

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

i agree this is a brilliant idea!

#10 iNoesis

iNoesis

• Designer
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

I think the sorting option will be useful for designers. I am expecting the sorting function on DC. Thanks.

• Guests

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

Done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users