• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 dbb201

dbb201

• Designer
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

Hi there

I would like to see or receive a notification if there is any change made in the BRIEF section of the contest in which i have submission.

- Many times i have experienced this that i am working on the project and suddenly i come to know that the BRIEF has been change.

- Sometimes i get eliminated and i don't track that contest and suddenly i come to know that the overall subject of the contest was changed. Either the concept changed or the whole name changes (which i might have loved to worked on). But as i wasn't tracking i miss out those.

I wonder if any such notification are there here in DC.
If there please guide me to it or else request you to see if anything can be done on that.

Thanks

#2 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

Very good. I'd love that. A parallel point is when a CH change his/her mind and do not update the brief because they express it in comments. And no; I don't think there is such notifications right now.

#3 mzdsassy

mzdsassy

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:16 AM

I agree. I am constantly looking at the conversations and notice the ch is changing their desires but the brief remains the same.

#4 dbb201

dbb201

• Designer
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:04 AM

I agree. I am constantly looking at the conversations and notice the ch is changing their desires but the brief remains the same.

And by constantly looking at the conversations and notices and than following accordingly, what you get is a label of infraction pointed by your fellow designers. ;) lol

#5 mzdsassy

mzdsassy

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

I guess I'm just used I working one-on-one with the goal of giving clients what they need. My bad. I guess I prefer the blind contests with no comments.

#6 vasantnavnit

vasantnavnit

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

contest briefs are often inadequate to arrive at what exactly the contest holder is looking for. that's why i always read the comments section to get a better picture. of course, that isn't possible with blind contests, which is what makes it painful to predict the requirements of contest holders, as they more often than not, do not speak their mind clearly enough when writing the contest brief..

#7 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Recently; a CH titled his brief with "Update 21/11/2013" or something, in one line (like a header); It's a great idea.

#8 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

I suggest this to all contestholders that update their brief as well as post a message on comment page. I ask them to date the update as well

Like us on facebook

#9 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

I suggest this to all contestholders that update their brief as well as post a message on comment page. I ask them to date the update as well

And that's exactly what I've been noticing recently. Much much appreciated Sharie; GREATE!

#10 dbb201

dbb201

• Designer
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

Sharie that's just an alternative and appreciate that but..
Please please please request you to do something serious in this.

Again one of the contest i was participating but due to few elimination i got off track.
Suddenly received a email stating that the CH has selected a winner.
So just to check the winning design i went onto that contest page and than i came to know that CH has updates his choice from something which he had initially opted to see in his logo to having a diamond lineart in the end.

CH saying a change in brief into comment page is only good for designer tracking that contest through out.
But if we have stopped to have a look than how come we come to know about the new brief.

I would be more happy if receive a auto email giving notification about new update in a particular contest like the one which we receive about winner being declare. OR
A new tab in which only list of those contest which are reflected in which CH has updated something new.

Though i would prefer a email option the best one..

I know ou all at DC are working hard to make DC work smoother but please do something for this.

thanks

#11 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

Can we let the programmers date the update? just like edited comments (last modified on ...)

#12 asanasa

asanasa

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

It would be very helpful if I can receive an auto email giving notification about new update in brief...

#13 dbb201

dbb201

• Designer
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

One more thing can be a good solution for this problem..

If auto email is not looking a possible way than what about a notfication in notification tab on top right where we get updates of our entry been rated / eliminated or comment posted..
There we can have notification of a change in brief in the particular contest in which i have participated..
Hope that can be worked out.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users