• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

Attached is the Logo I have decided on (I think) and the post card I have used to mail to my clients-new and old. I am wondering though should I change my post card to have my logo or keep my cat design. Opinions greatly appreciated

Like us on facebook

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:33 PM

This is the postcard

Like us on facebook

#3 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:48 PM

I like the logo but I do have one nit pick. The top of the S appears to be a little off, like more oval than circular like the lower half. Just on the inside of the top s curve. Not sure if it's just the image on my computer or ??

Personally I think you should use the logo and try to incorporate the cat as well so the old clients will reconize it, eventually dropping the cat, over a certain amount of time.

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:13 AM

I like the logo but I do have one nit pick. The top of the S appears to be a little off, like more oval than circular like the lower half. Just on the inside of the top s curve. Not sure if it's just the image on my computer or ??

Personally I think you should use the logo and try to incorporate the cat as well so the old clients will reconize it, eventually dropping the cat, over a certain amount of time.

This a bit better? I added the cat but it just don't seem to fit, not sure if I will include the cat or not

Like us on facebook

#5 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:15 PM

I ment adding the cat to only the post card, away from the logo perhaps?
If I was receiving the old post card and sudenly had something different I may not make the connection at first, but if I saw the cat I'd read more into it. Something just to give your old customers an image they are familar with. then just loose the cat on the next go round of cards.

#6 tyleronline

tyleronline

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:59 PM

A lot of people have post cards that don't mirror their logo or business card. But, to ensure that the client or potential client makes the connection between your company and the business card you might think about adding the logo somewhere on the postcard. Even just a small logo in the corner or a larger "water-marked" look in the background. There might be a better way to integrate the two... those are just two quick ideas that come to mind.

Hope it helps!

#7 tyleronline

tyleronline

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:02 PM

Oops, sorry Coy I misread your post the first time around. I agree with you, gradually fazing out the old look is a good idea!

#8 Drokho

Drokho

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:53 PM

Yeah, like out the old logo in the top left and the new one in the bottom right to signify the change. When your clients start to associate the new with th old, its time to get rid of the cat.

#9 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:54 PM

Thanks much everyone!

I will be going to print new postcards by the end of the month.

I have just loved my cat design but it doesn't make for godd decal design and it has to be so small on my bussiness cards. I will have to find a new use for my cat.

I'm still a tiny bit unsure about the new logo design and will play with some other ideas bouncing around in m y head before making a final choice.

Thanks again

sharie

Like us on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users