Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:27 AM

Anyone ho wants to get a watch on my portfolio could do it there:

skandaportfolio.tk

#2 Skanda

Skanda

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:04 PM

Someone could give his opinion about my works,plzzzz...?
It´s important to me...

#3 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:29 AM

oh my! that fly buzzing around the bottom of the screen scared the crap outta me! hahah, I almost punched my computer screen!

You have some good photoshop skills for sure. I think if you're going to explore doing logo design, you'll need to practice more vector graphics (cleaner, completely resizable without losing quality, etc). It's hard for me to give good solid critique when the text is in another language, as I don' t know what the ads/banners are for... but i'll do my best:

As far as the actual portfolio, I can't figure out how to close the window after I zoom into an image... am i missing something?

my favorite layout is the soccer ad (football?;)) I like the closeup image layered over the blurred background. This layout is simple and clean, and not too busy.

A think some of them are really busy, and in design, going too far can be as big a problem as not going far enough with your design. But, again, since I can't read the copy, I can't always tell if the design is conducive to the intended message.

You have a distinct style to your design, and I can tell that you enjoy photoshop and play with it a lot. I would suggest exploring a vector application and expanding your portfolio in different directions to show versatility.

Thanks for sharing! And, I'm sure that after the holidays, the forum will be more active and you'll be getting some other great feedback!
:) Brandy

#4 Skanda

Skanda

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 02:57 AM

I´m so glad with ur critique,thnks a lot...
I´m just begun to get lessons that includes two skill levels with Freehand.I hope to absorbe it so fine...I wish to create my own PS brushes.
When zooms into the portfolio u could scroll up to find the "close" option,at right bottom (I think so)...
The foosball work is just the original figure modified using stamp and smudge tools (as u can see,is same as the pool bar joker logo) .Also,some finishing shadows or lightness with basic brush tool...
For finish ...I love that fly,too...hahahhahahaha!!!!...it´s so funny and hypnotic!:eek:

Thnks a lot again for wast ur time watching my artworks and givin´ me a constructive critique...
I will be waiting to work in new comunity contests...I haven´t a job just now,seems that I have a lot of time to practise...I´m just making a website for a friend...and I used the fly again...when I could show u,u could be hypnotize again with...hahahhahahahaªªª:eek:
Also I give some order to portfolio to an easily navigation...

Edited by Skanda, 26 December 2009 - 05:35 AM.

#5 jennyoldenburg

jennyoldenburg

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

Hey there!

At first glance, I thought that the general layout was a bit busy, a bit overpowering. More precisely, I think it is hard to really see and take in your individual works (which i really like by the way!!), because I am extremely distracted by the busy background and the clashing of colours.

I also think, for your logo section, that they'd stand out more on either a black or white background. I know im boring but....There's really so much going on!

Thumbs up though.
xx

#6 Skanda

Skanda

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:11 PM

thnks a lot...I will fix that things u thing that need some fix.I´m just so busy,but I could promise to change it that week..:p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users